Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm on a big cycle and want big lat gains...

mike peters

I need wider lats, I can't get a pump in them on back workouts and they're not growing like the rest of my body. My typical back day includes:

4 sets lat pulldowns ranging 10-12 reps
4 sets barbell rows or db rows 6-10 reps
4 sets close grip seated rows 6-12 reps
4 sets deadlifts 6-8 reps

I'm on a heavy cycle now and want to get good back gains. I'd appreciate you help.

I would increase the sets while on gear and lower the reps .10-12 is ok warming up try 6 sets per part adding weight until you can do 4-5 reps using strict form. that will do it!!! RADAR

mike peters said:
I need wider lats, I can't get a pump in them on back workouts and they're not growing like the rest of my body. My typical back day includes:

4 sets lat pulldowns ranging 10-12 reps
4 sets barbell rows or db rows 6-10 reps
4 sets close grip seated rows 6-12 reps
4 sets deadlifts 6-8 reps

I'm on a heavy cycle now and want to get good back gains. I'd appreciate you help.

try this... do deads first, barbell rows second, then do you chins, and finally dumbell rows

If you wanna a real pump, than throw in a couple of drop sets every few weeks. Worked wonders for me!

Do a Chin-up routine like this one:

WIDE-GRIP CHINS TO THE FRONT
1 Warmup set to get the blood flowing
1 Set to failure w/ someone pushing on your lower back for an extra rep/

WIDE-GRIP CHINS WITH A REVERSE GRIP
1 Warmup
1 Set to failure & 1 forced rep

WIDE-GRIP CHINS SUPINATED GRIP
1 Warmup
1 set to failure +1

2 sets of WIDE-GRIP BEHIND the HEAD LAT PULLDOWNS
*You chose the weight, however I like to make sure that Im not jerking the weight & that I can achieve a 1 second pause at the postive portion of the movement.

2 sets of LOW PULLEY ROWS
*Same rules as the Behing Neck Pulls. Make sure you pause at the top and SQUEEEEZE that back.

You may wwant to do this routine 1 week and then do a routine where you incorporate some heavy Deads and Rows(T-bar or Straight)into your life the next week. That will add thickness to the Spinal erectors and bring out your traps. I switch between the two workouts simply because I dont like to do Deads every workout because of a bad back. Anyway, if you want wide lats...the chins are the best for that. You have to do the rows also to make them thicker though, or you'll look uneven.

Last edited:
My back has improved a good deal over the very shot time I have been doing this back routine
Wide grip weighted chin ups 3 sets to failure
Bent over dumbell rows 3 sets of 6-8 reps
Seated cable rows 2 sets of 6-8 reps
T-Bar rows 2 sets of 6-8 reps
When doing these exersizes use the most weight possable while keeping good form. Each rep make sure you feel the rep and sqeeze of the movement and if you don't then don't count that rep. I promise this will improve your back. The rest is left up to genetics :) As for your cycle, you can't go wrong with Test-Fina-D-Bol for mass and don't forget the FOOD heh heh heh Best of luck!

M18

Top Bottom