Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HighOctane Progress Thread

jenscats5 said:
Well with fitday you put in .5 for 1/2 cup, 1 for 1 cup, .67 for 2/3 cup, .75 for 3/4 cup and .0625 cup for 1 tblsp and .125 cup for 2 tblsp.

So if you use 2 tblsp of applesauce, say and the only unit of measure to choose if via a cup measure -- 1 cup = 16 tblsp and 1 tblsp. is .0625 cup, thus 2 tblsp = .125 cup.

Now if you have a food scale - then you can measure your meats in ounces....say chicken breast -- choose "boneless cooked skinless" under Poultry and choose roasted or broiled if you cook it yourself then pick how many ounces you're eating, say 3 oz or 4 oz.

I also add most of the foods I buy into Fitday as a custom food, even vitamins. Like with cheese -- most of the cheeses in Fitday are by cup but there is one listed "American dry grated" or something that also has a tblsp option, so I enter the info on the cheese package as listed (usually 1/4 cup = .25 cup) then when I DO eat the cheese I can just choose how much I use -- 1 tblsp or 1/4 cup, etc......you can rename any of the pre listed foods as a custom food to suit your needs if you'd like.....HTH

This completely helps. Hadn't played with it enough to realize you could make those changed. Thanks a ton!

Last edited:
highoctane said:
This completely helps. Hadn't played with it enough to realize you could make those changed. Thanks a ton!

I've used it for a long time so I know how to tweak it - let me know via PM or whatever if you need more help with it......

Worked out this morning before actually putting in a shift at the gym for the afternoon. Felt pretty strong, just went for a run on the treadmill. I must say however, although not everything is based on the scale, I weighed myself today and the results are seriously starting to show already. Not specifically in the way I look yet, but the way I feel, and what the scale says are both super positive. I'll post my day tonight for all to view.

I'm tres motivated. :qt:

highoctane said:
Worked out this morning before actually putting in a shift at the gym for the afternoon. Felt pretty strong, just went for a run on the treadmill. I must say however, although not everything is based on the scale, I weighed myself today and the results are seriously starting to show already. Not specifically in the way I look yet, but the way I feel, and what the scale says are both super positive. I'll post my day tonight for all to view.

I'm tres motivated. :qt:

THe body is a pretty amazing thing when you keep it well-oiled & feed it right, eh?

Congrats!

I always "feel" when things start to work (i.e. when the shit has finally been copletely cleaned out of my body) and when I "look" better -- but the mofo scale.... jeez I literally have to have an appendage removed to make the scale move.

2/11/2007

Weight: 148.2lbs!!!
Goal: 125.0lbs
Variance: 23.2lbs
Lost: 5.6lbs

1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/4 cup oatmeal with Splenda
1 can tuna
2 cups broccoli
1 apple
1/2 cucumber
Salmon fillet
1 1/2 cups brown rice
2 Tbspn soya sauce
1 Diet Coke
1 glass No sugar Cranberry juice
4 egg whites

2 Burners

40 Minutes on the Treadmill

Overall not a bad day, but I'm still finding it hard to eat as many calories as I should be eating. I feel full all the time. Yesterday's run wasn't so bad either...I found that my gym was REALLY hot though...so I was absolutely soaked by the time I was finished. I'm pretty happy with the weight results. That has motivated me completely like I said earlier in the thread. Every time I have lost weight in the past, I start to feel really amazing at 145lbs, and absolutely incredible at 140lbs to be honest...so it's not that far away. I believe I'll do combat tonight and it looks like I'll do my circuit training tomorrow. As always, I'll keep you posted. And as always, don't hold back with your advice.

Last edited:
2/12/2007
1/2 cup oatmeal with Splenda
1 coffee with Splenda and milk
1 apple
1 can of tuna
12 mini breton garden vegetable crackers
1/2 cucumber
1 fat free turkey stick
1 whey protein shake with water
2 cups of salad
2 Tbspn red wine vinegar
1 protein bar (Protein 32)

2 Burners
10g Glutamine Morning
10g Glutamine Post Workout
Multi

Full Strength Circuit Routine (Sets of 3):
Incline Press - 20lbsX12Reps
Leg Extension - 45lbsX12Reps (from 40lbs)
Seated Row - 45lbsX12Reps
Hamstring Curl - 45lbsX12Reps (from 40lbs)
Dips - Off the BenchX12Reps
Calf Raises - On StepX31Reps (from 30 Reps)
Dumbell Curls - 20lbsX15Reps (from 12 Reps)
Knee Raises - 20Reps
Shoulder Press - 20lbsX12Reps (from 15lbs)
Ball Squats - 4kg Medicine BallX15Reps (from 12 Reps)
Hyperextension - 20lbsX15Reps (from 10lbs)
Leg Press - 70lbsX12Reps (from 60lbs - 75lbs the last set)
Dumbell Rows - 15lbsX12Reps (17.5lbs the last set)
Pushups - 12Reps
Side Lifts - 20 Reps

So. Overall I had a shitty day. I didn't get my passport renewed, and I blew a tire out on my truck...so as you can imagine I was pretty impressed. Yesterday would've been a typical cheat day for me because by the time I got home I was so emotionally drained that I just wanted to eat a ton of pasta and cheesecake. With that being said, it was overall a super solid day for me as far as I am concerned. The gym last night was phenomenal. I increased pretty much everything with ease, which means that my body is responding to the time that I am putting into it. I still don't feel like I'm eating enough, but I'm working on it. Any suggestions on that specific problem would be appreciated.

I couldn't be more pleased.

And. On a side note. There is a competition in Ottawa (where I live currently), in November of 2007...which is 10 months out. I am toying of the idea of shooting for that. I am nowhere near it yet, because I have to meet the initial goals before I can go for the super start goals...but just putting the idea out there. If it's in this log and I have to read it every single day, it will give me just one more thing to shoot for. :qt:

congrats on the weight lost so far, personally I find the scale is never my friend, measurements and pics seem much more accurate, but the scale never has anything good to say to me.
wish I had your problem of being full and not wanting to eat more, when I am dieting or just trying to stay lean, I am so hungry all the time an ethiopian would feel bad for me

needsize said:
congrats on the weight lost so far, personally I find the scale is never my friend, measurements and pics seem much more accurate, but the scale never has anything good to say to me.
wish I had your problem of being full and not wanting to eat more, when I am dieting or just trying to stay lean, I am so hungry all the time an ethiopian would feel bad for me

Thank you! And I agree. I took progress pics around the middle of last week, and plan on posting them when I get home this evening. I also am going to pick up a tape tonight on my way home and do measurements say one time a week. I'd also like to get a pair of calipers so I don't have to rely on one of the trainers at the gym having an extra 5 minutes to take it for me.

I'll keep you posted. :)

jenscats5 said:
What kind of show are you thinking of doing??

Figure.

I'm nowhere near that kind of shape right now...but that is the long term goal. I'm about to post pics along with my log for the day, so you can check it out then. I'm not in the shape I was when my gallery pics were posted. A while back people said "I had the base". Now whether they were being serious or just nice, I couldn't tell you. But I never pursued it to the point where I actually did it.

Looking for feedback. And the continued motivation that you ladies gave me when I was here previously, albeit a short period in time.

Top Bottom