Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I doing it right?

eds4ko

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I joined because I felt that this is just the right online community for me. Anyway I'm 23 years old and I have tried exercising before and I always end up going back to my old ways for many reason and one of them is that I hate exercising. But I've never felt as motivated as now. I'm just excited because I know that I can do it, and I know that motivating myself and allowing to sink into me that I am doing this for me and not to please anybody else.
Ok so go back to my question, am I doing it right?
I alternate lower and upper body workout for 6 days 1 day is my rest day.
3 different exercise position for every muscle group so I have actually all in all 9 different exercise position for lower and 9 different exercise position for upper body workout.
I do 2 sets with a 15-13 reps for upper and 2 sets of 12-10 for lower body. I don't think I could just do 3 set right now but after 2 months I'm thinking of adding 1 more set. I'm actually a beginner but I have searched a lot of websites and then incorporate some that I learned and kinda made my own program. I just don't know if 9 different exercise position is too much or just about right? I'm actually a small woman, my height is 4'11 but I can do 30 lbs when I squat, is that too much or just ok? I also weigh 105 lbs but my built is small but I work on my comp. all the time so you see I really have lots of fats especially on my mid section.
I exercise in the morning and I do 20 min. of brisk walk on the treadmill and alternate it with stationary bike for 20 minutes also. But I'm thinking of adding 5 minutes after a month and then 5 more minutes after 2 months.
I also want to exercise in the evening since I have lots of time in my hand, I'm a stay at home wife:biggrin:.But only for 20-30 minutes of video exercise. I thought maybe yoga for Sunday, Hula for Monday, Pilates for Tuesday, Kickboxing for Wednesday , Bellydance on Thursday and so on so that I don't get bored.
Do you think I'm doing too much, I just want to have an effective exercise program just for me. I would love to hear all your comments and suggestions. By the way I'm vegetarian and I only get all my protein sources from nuts, beans and other vegetarian products.
Also when I do weight lifting should I alternate it with another form of exercise for example doing 2 sets of squat, should I go ahead and finish the 2 set of squat and move to the next or after 1 set move to the next and come back after I finish whatever I am doing.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'm new here and I joined because I felt that this is just the right online community for me. Anyway I'm 23 years old and I have tried exercising before and I always end up going back to my old ways for many reason and one of them is that I hate exercising. But I've never felt as motivated as now. I'm just excited because I know that I can do it, and I know that motivating myself and allowing to sink into me that I am doing this for me and not to please anybody else.
3 different exercise position for every muscle group so I have actually all in all 9 different exercise position for lower and 9 different exercise position for upper body workout.
I do 2 sets with a 15-13 reps for upper and 2 sets of 12-10 for lower body. I don't think I could just do 3 set right now but after 2 months I'm thinking of adding 1 more set. I'm actually a beginner but I have searched a lot of websites and then incorporate some that I learned and kinda made my own program. I just don't know if 9 different exercise position is too much or just about right? I'm actually a small woman, my height is 4'11 but I can do 30 lbs when I squat, is that too much or just ok? I also weigh 105 lbs but my built is small but I work on my comp. all the time so you see I really have lots of fats especially on my mid section.
I exercise in the morning and I do 20 min. of brisk walk on the treadmill and alternate it with stationary bike for 20 minutes also. But I'm thinking of adding 5 minutes after a month and then 5 more minutes after 2 months.
I also want to exercise in the evening since I have lots of time in my hand, I'm a stay at home wife:biggrin:.But only for 20-30 minutes of video exercise. I thought maybe yoga for Sunday, Hula for Monday, Pilates for Tuesday, Kickboxing for Wednesday , Bellydance on Thursday and so on so that I don't get bored.
Do you think I'm doing too much, I just want to have an effective exercise program just for me. I would love to hear all your comments and suggestions. By the way I'm vegetarian and I only get all my protein sources from nuts, beans and other vegetarian products.
Also when I do weight lifting should I alternate it with another form of exercise for example doing 2 sets of squat, should I go ahead and finish the 2 set of squat and move to the next or after 1 set move to the next and come back after I finish whatever I am doing.
Well welcome to the site babe.... The user 'eds4ko' has been gifted a platinum membership!

It sure seems to me like you are rip roaring and ready to go.. This is a good thing. You got a lot of questions and a lot running threw your head like most all new people to training... Lets just calm down and take it easy and simple girl... Basicly you want to get in shape right? change your life and live healthy.. Lets go with that...

So its much much more simple then you think.. Diet and exercise . So what you need is 1 a diet plan and a good simple way to keep track of it. Cool Cool I can help with that no problem.. Then 2 a training program. Well I can help with that too.. You don't need extravagant work outs or anything fancy. Lets just make it simple for you..

You said you were 4'11 and 105lb right? 23 years old. Well you are not all out of shape that is for sure.

How long have you been working out this time? would you be willing to take a program and a diet and go with it. Make a log thread on this forum and work on it each day? I would be willing to help.

Hi and welcome!
Is good to alternate as you're doing since you are a beginner. You want to feel the weight and get used to it.
Do 3 days of cardio as well.
As far as doing yoga, hoola, kickboxing, etc. Yes, if you tend to get bore, try different things, however, be careful that you don't end up over training and the next thing is you're burned out and will give it up.
Rome was not build in a day, so take it at your own pace.

That said, what are your goals? You're thin, so I'm guessing you want to look more fit..?
Can you post your diet? What you eat and drink through the day a and the time.
Also what do you enjoy doing? Cardio, lifting, group classes?
Is best to follow ans exercise you enjoy. Even if you don't like working out at all; most likely, once you start seeing results, you'll be hooked.

I have a very healthy diet as far as what I eat. I am a vegetarian, I don't drink and smoke. My problem is actually exercising and also how much I eat. Yes I am not really fat, the problem with me is that I tend to sit a lot doing things on my computer and my legs and arms are saggy. I am not fat but it seems that my legs esp. thighs and arms area are all fats and I hate to see the cellulite on my thighs. I am so young and yet I'm experiencing these things because of my habits.
I eat 3 times a day but I eat a lot with that 3 meals. So I end up looking like a pregnant all the time because I have an average weight with big tummy.
Also I stated that i wanted to add more cardio in the evening like kickboxing/dancing but that's only if I still feel good and I don't think I am burning myself out because after my exercise I still feel good. Well the first week was kinda hard but after that I was ok.
There are so many exercise programs and I don't really know what is a good one. Can somebody give one and I'll see if it's something that will fit my lifestyle. Anyway thank you guys for your support and for the responses that I received. It's very informative.
By the way I want to ask, when I do weight lifting, let's say I want to do 3 sets of squat and 3 sets of lunges, is it better to alternate them or finish the 3 sets of squat first then do the lunges?

I have a very healthy diet as far as what I eat. I am a vegetarian, I don't drink and smoke. My problem is actually exercising and also how much I eat. Yes I am not really fat, the problem with me is that I tend to sit a lot doing things on my computer and my legs and arms are saggy. I am not fat but it seems that my legs esp. thighs and arms area are all fats and I hate to see the cellulite on my thighs. I am so young and yet I'm experiencing these things because of my habits.
I eat 3 times a day but I eat a lot with that 3 meals. So I end up looking like a pregnant all the time because I have an average weight with big tummy.
Also I stated that i wanted to add more cardio in the evening like kickboxing/dancing but that's only if I still feel good and I don't think I am burning myself out because after my exercise I still feel good. Well the first week was kinda hard but after that I was ok.
There are so many exercise programs and I don't really know what is a good one. Can somebody give one and I'll see if it's something that will fit my lifestyle. Anyway thank you guys for your support and for the responses that I received. It's very informative.
By the way I want to ask, when I do weight lifting, let's say I want to do 3 sets of squat and 3 sets of lunges, is it better to alternate them or finish the 3 sets of squat first then do the lunges?

First and foremost it would be most helpful if you post your diet. I know you said your diet is very healthy, but being a vegetarian doesn't necessaily means is all healthy.

Overall is best to have at least 5 meals a day consisting of protein, carbs and healthy fats. You might be getting mostly carbs is my guess, but I won't know untill I know what exactly you eat and drink throughout the day.

In terms of lifting, check some of the threads (you can check mine and Ironwings if you wish)and you'll get an idea as to what to do.
3 times a week is a good split. You can do Monday chest and triceps, Wednesday legs and shoulders and friday back and biceps. Cardio 3 to 4 times a week ant a good pace.
Keep your food whole, not processed and that will make a huge difference.

Top Bottom