Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Old dudes that know too much

7OF9

I'm an old dude, and mayby because this Cat was around my age I was embarrassed because of the VERY free and LOUD advice he was giving this person. Know this, he had some arms , but the rest was bad. How do the younger people feel about advice given that isn't asked for from the old?

i hate it. they're often wrong, or misinformed. generally educted by others not in the know

Let me also, say, I lose respect for a dude who's been lifting for 5+ years and whose physique doesn't impress me. They must be doing something wrong.

-casualbb

Depends who the older dude is......If it is Bill Starr or Kenny Patara, then it would be more than welcome......if it is Joe Average who knows less about training than I forgot, I probably won't be so friendly, but once you get to be a certain size, peple stop offering you unsolicited advice.

i usually never listen to anyone except people on this board. ive had people give me such bad advice in the gym, and i know they are wrong, so i just ignore em. and im not one to give advice either, just most of the time the person is to ignorant to take the advice.

The joys of working out at home :D

I don't take criticism, no matter how kind and constructive, very well. When it comes from somebody who's out of shape and thinks they know it all, then I get especially frustrated.

i once had some fat old fart tell me that if I had to drop the dumbells after doing dumbell presses, that they were too heavy for me.....

needless to say, I didn't appreciate it.....

Old guys love to talk about some article they read in a bb mag in the 70's or 80's, I think it is hilarious. If an old guy knows his shit and can explain why he does something and what it does for you, without quoting a Joe Weider publication then I am all ears. The day you think you know everything and stop learning is the day stop making progress

Top Bottom