Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

losing self confidence in myself...

GatheringFlock

I keep working my ass off at the gym. But for some reason i still can't gain much muscle mass. I don't know what im doing wrong. I just wish i could start seeing the results of my hard work. I'm really starting to wonder what im doing all this for. The only thing i have to show for my hard work is a little bit of tone. I've been really patient but now im wondering is it really worth all the time and effort i put into it. I just wish i could see some improvement. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

My Workout

Monday:Chest,biceps
Bench press-3 sets, 8 reps
Incline press-2 sets,8 reps
Dumbbell incline press 5 sets,8 reps
Dumbbell flyes- 3 sets,8 reps
Vertical bench press-2 sets,10 reps
Barbell curls-3 sets,6 reps
Dumbbell curls (seated)-2 sets,10 reps
EZ barbell curls-2 sets,8 reps

Tuesday:Ab,legs
Ab workouts:
The best Crunch variations (upper abs)
1. Feet on floor reach through crunch
2. Feet on floor, hands crossed over chest crunch
3. Feet on floor hands behind head crunch
4. Feet on bench hands behind head crunch
5. Feet in air hands behind head crunch
6. Feet in air, hands behind head, pull in knees, touch elbows
7. Weight on chest crunch
8. Weight behind head crunch
9. Weight held at arms length above chest crunch
10. Stability ball crunch, bodyweight
11. Stability ball crunch, with resistance
12. Weighted supine crunch machine (such as Icarian Ab Bench)
The best lower ab exercises
1. Support knee ups
2. Support leg raise
3. Hanging knee up
4. Hanging leg raise
5. Reverse crunch
6. Incline reverse crunch
7. Stability ball reverse crunch
8. Reverse crunch with medicine ball behind knees
9. Hip lift
10. Bent knee leg raise/hip lift combo
11. Incline hip lift
Legs:
Squats-3 sets,10 reps
Leg press-3 sets,10 reps
Hack Squats-2 sets,10 reps
Incline leg press-2 sets,10 reps
Leg extensions-2 sets,10 reps
Leg curls-2 sets,10 reps
Dumbell lunges-2 sets,10 reps

Thursday:Shoulders,triceps
Behind the neck press-3 sets,6 reps
Standing upright rows-2 sets,10 reps
Front overhead press-2 sets,10 reps
Lying triceps press-3 sets,6 reps
Overhead triceps press-2 sets,10 reps
Dumbbell shoulder workout
Triceps pushdown-4 sets,10 reps

Friday:Back,calves
Front latpulldown- 3 sets,8 reps
Seated cable rows-3 sets,8 reps
Dumbbell rows-2 sets,10 reps
Standing deadlift (barbell)-2 sets,10 reps
Squats-3 sets,10 reps
Standing calf raises-3 sets,10 reps
Seated calf raises-3 sets,10 reps
Bend over calf raises-2 sets,10 reps

Diet: Pasta,Pork Chops,Soup,Bananas,Potatoes,Junk food,Chicken,Milk,Protein shakes,bars,Boost energy drinks,Meat Loat (sparingly),Corn (basically the only vegeatble I eat besides Potatoes),Country Ham,rolls,biscuits (sometimes)

I don’t care much for Steak or Hot dogs. I do eat Beans &Franks regularly.

PS: I want to be a pro wrestler. I need a really good diet and muscle workout routine. I really want to work thicken my legs more than anything. But i have to work out all body parts (chest,bis,tris,shoulders,neck,back,quads,calves etc)

goddam, I thought I worked out my abs a lot. Do you do all those 23 exercises on one day? By the way, I don't get it, everyone seems to work out abs once a week, I work them out 3-5 days a week.

Make sure you are eating a lot, and make sure you are lifting heavier (even slightly) nearly every time you go to the gym, or at least once a week or two.
Maybe it is time you switched up your routine a bit. Maybe working each muscle group out more than once a week, like doing half muscles on day one and the other half on day two, each day twice a week.
Check out the sticky thread at the top of all the threads for routines, there are some great routines there, enough to set you in a different direction, confuse your muscles a bit which will stimulate growth.

I do 11 of the 23 ab exercises above twice a week. I still need to put on some muscle mass for wrestling. I appreciate the advice you've given me. Thanks alot. Oh yeah btw my stats are below...

Stats

Height:6'6"
Weight:197

Also i am an ectomorph if you know what that is...Once again thanks for all the help!

If your not growing from all that volume, I would switch it up, do heavy lifts core movements, less volume, if you do a split make it simple, its really not complex, eat a lot and lift as heavy as possible while keeping form good. Personally I've been lifting once every 3-5 days full body heavy, and I've been seeing good results, again just mess around abit and see what works for ya, Good luck.

From what Ive read its your diet that is the problem................clean it up and eat more quality food. for a guy with your height you have a lot of space to fill. Also I dont know if you know this but good abs arnt a product of training so much as they are a product of good diet and cardio. Focus on your compound movements and eat BIG and CLEAN and you will grow

If you're an ectomorph, you're going to have to considerably up your calories, if you haven't already. Eat and ye shall receive results.

You need to eat more. I'm sure you're doing enough work to stimulate the muscle. There's no magical formula to it. Just do enough to disrupt the sacomeres, send the signal for the body to adapt to grow to the load, and increase the weights every training session. Couple that with a fairly high training frequency and lots of healthy nutrients, and you'll be set.

You've been paitent? B Fold's been at this for 11+ years, and isn't satisfied. I know it's rough man, but stick to it. You'll feel worlds better when you accomplish your goal, even if it feels useless on your way there.

Routine looks pretty good. Id cut alot of the ab work though. Itll come with diet and some moderate ab training. Whats the difference between franks and hot dogs? Thought they were the same? haha I know how it is brother. Ive been training over 9 years and still have a LONG way to go to reach my goals. My self confidence is shit most of the time, but you just have to keep DRIVING that shit, and look to your future goals. Every little bit of progress adds up over the years. Ive felt like shit lately, coming off the injury. My strength is finally back, if not better then before, but my size and fullness just isnt there anymore. Fucks with me alot, and the measurements seem to show the same. Feel fucking small as shit! But Im just looking to march now, and hoping to be improved by then. Stay with it brother!!!

BIGDHO said:
From what Ive read its your diet that is the problem................clean it up and eat more quality food. for a guy with your height you have a lot of space to fill. Also I dont know if you know this but good abs arnt a product of training so much as they are a product of good diet and cardio. Focus on your compound movements and eat BIG and CLEAN and you will grow

exactly

Top Bottom