Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Lifter's Iron Log...

5-13-2011

I didn't push it that hard today. Definitely faster paced than my powerlifting style workouts, but well within my bounds.

5 circuits

Barbell Deadlift 315x2, double overhand grip, pulled these pretty quickly
Log clean and press 133x2 for 2 sets, 3 sets 2+2

Alot of my future workouts are going to be difficult to properly write down because I might change it mid-workout. I started off doing doubles with 315 on deads, then walking over to the chinup bar, but wasn't feeling chins so then went straight from deads to log clean and press after the first set.

After the second set I switched to cleaning the log and pressing it twice, setting it down and the cleaning and pressing it twice again after having done a double on the deads.

Log clean and pressed 173 for 2 singles and 183 for a single. The 183 was difficult because of balancing the log, but I definitely can log press 195-200 on a good day.

fucked around with some 25lbs kb cleans and snatches just trying to get the technique right so I don't beat the crap out of my forearms.

Did some general stretching for 5 minutes and called it good.

Pretty easy workout intensity wise, but I got huffin pretty good at a few points.

5-16-2011

Bench Press barx5, 135x8, 185x5, less rest inbetween warmup sets that usual

Wrist wraps from here on out

225x3, 245x3, 255x2x3, 255x5 the last set I could have done 8 reps I'm sure.

I took less rest between every set of bench than I typically would. Not enough to get me breathing hard, but still did the work in less overall time than when I was training pl style. I can feel my cardio getting better. Normally after any heavier set of 5 I would be breathing kinda heavy. Today it felt like nothing after getting up from a set of 5.

Circuit style for the rest of the workout.

Did a couple clean and presses and snatches with a 25lbs kb to work on technique a little. My technique sucks still lol, but that's too be expected. At least I'm not banging the crap out of my arm.

50lbs kb clean and one arm press easy 5 reps, 1x5 swings each arm, 10 circles between the legs

2 good chinups

10 pushups, 1 minute rope skipping

did this circuit once more then grabbed a 70lbs kb and did

1x5 swings each arm, clean and 1 arm press 1x5 each arm, 10 more pushups, 3 chinups

During this whole time I kept the rest very short with only allowing maybe a minute of rest after each circuit so needless to say I was breathing really hard and sweating like a pig.

Cardio is improving. Shoulder strength and lat strength is slowly getting better.

I won't lie though. My bench strength feels like it's taking a hit. I was on aas for a long time even though I was only using 250-375mg sust a week on average. I have been off now going on 3 weeks and I have to say I feel fine, but I am losing some strength here and there. Benching felt heavy today. I know I could have done 265x5 today, but it would have been harder than last weeks 275x5. I'm not mad though because for all I know my own hormone production is probably in the dumps atm despite physically feeling fine. My face is losing some of it's puffiness which is nice. I admit I look like a fucking blowfish on aas lol. I can handle a pretty high amount of test without having any troubles, but my face even on 250mg a week bloats up like a mofo.

So anyhow things are going fine atm.:jenscat

5-18-2011

Barbell Full Squat barx5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x3 stop, didn't like the way my left hip was feeling.

Decided to do some outdoor sled drags. 4 plates walked about 50 yds and back 2x. Then on the 3rd set pulled 50 yd and then walked it back. FUCK. This torched my lungs.

did alternate step ups on a 30" box. 2 sets of 10

25lbs kb alternate swings, 2 sets of 50 using reverse breathing and just trying to relax. Reverse breathing basically being inhale at the top of the swing and exhale while lowering. Way easier than breathing out at the top as you are less tensed most of the time and is what long cycle kb'ers do for like 10-15 minutes long sets. These felt good and got a good rythm going.

Did a couple sets of 2 kb clean and jerk. First set clean them up and did about 8 jerks overhead with 25lbs kb's. Was working on trying to get the technique right and lower them fast, but controlled and not tire in the rack position.

Cleaned and 1 arm pressed the 52lbs kb once each arm. Shoulders still felt abit fatigued from monday's pressing so nothing heavy today.

Then did full body stretching for about 10 minutes. I'll be doing full splits inside of a month or so. I used to be able to drop straight down into a full split from a standing position as a kid lol. Me=huge martial arts/ninja fan as a kid.

So lately I have been kinda realizing what I really want to do now at this new gym. I'm gonna train 3x a week as usual and alternate my workouts from heavier focus to lighter more cardio focus. So one workout maybe practice heavier kb cleans and presses both 1 arm and 2, heavier turkish getups, heavy log clean and press, keavier swings etc.

Then on the next workout perhaps kb swings and build my endurance up to doing 100 swings for a couple sets and kb jerks for sets of 25 and turkish getups for sets of 5 etc.

Throw in heavier deads and squats here and there, pushups, chinups,pullups and rope skipping and that's probably what I'll be doing most of the time. Also want to get into practicing the atlas stone lifts.

Yet another long, rambling post.

Good luck :)

Don't try doing everything at the same time: endurance, etc etc. Little by little baby steps :)

You guys would be able to lift a +200lbs stone np except for one thing. The grip requirement. Not saying you guys have bad grips by any means because I can barely lift a 200lbs atm because it's like an open handed palm to finger tip type of grip vs crushing/squeezing grip. It's an odd one to say the least.

I think you guys would like stones. They feel good to pickup. My back loves them because you pretty much have to round back lift them to the knees and then when you raise them to chest or higher you have to arch so your back goes through a full rom.

I'm thinking about dropping back squats for awhile. My left hip still does not feel right and it only bother me when I go over about 185lbs on a squat. Then it's a little sore for a couple days after. I want this to go away and I do have a plan, sort of.

I figure I will work on strict, high box step ups for sets of 10 and build them up starting out using 1-2 light kb's. Focus being on starting in a deep lunge position and being strict and balanced on the step up and down.

That plus turkish getups have a nice single leg component to them when standing up and down.

I'm also going to work on pistols which I have always been good at. It's mainly a balance thing, but I do feel a strong contraction right in the middle of the thigh about mid-thigh up when doing pistols that I don't feel from any other leg exercise. I've seen several guys that can do 10 pistols per leg with a 52lbs kb, but can't full squat 315.

It's gonna be a blessing and a curse because I know if I do this for a month or 2 my squat strength will drop, but since I will be getting leg work I don't think it will be too hideous as long as I also keep doing heavy deads and stone lifts here and there.

Anyhow thanks for the support guys.

Top Bottom