Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Lifter's Iron Log...

I haven't unfortunately. I thought things were going good, but right now I can't afford it. I definitely will when I get some steady money in.

Squat Day

165x2x5, 275x3, 330x3 warmup

375x6 +2 forced reps, spotter said he barely helped me on these forced reps which seems right because I just needed a tiny nudge at the sticking point.

Leg Press 500x4x18,18,18,20

Had a pretty solid workout despite not eating anything at all today until I got home from the gym. Long story short, slept in pretty late, had a few mishaps during the day, still put in a good workout.

Bodyweight 244lbs, I expected this with nothing in me.

i know how that stuff goes bro, ive been planning on going on trt as my cycle ends this week...
i have like 2.5mL's of test to hold me over about 3 weeks... but been broke with all kinds of bills, truck's rear end went out, and my daughter needs some money now to start playing on her competitive soccer team... i used to get like 60hrs a week, now down to about 48-50, which is a pretty big difference in weekly pay...

great workout for no food!... i wouldnt even attempt it...

4-16-2011

Power Shrugs barx5, 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 365x3 warmup

405x5,5,5,5,8

Barbell Stiff-legged Dead 315x12, I didn't feel like doing heavy deads today so I went heavier on the this.

Wide Grip Cable Pulldowns #12, 5x8, next week go for sets of 9

Tried to do some ghetto natural glute ham raises with a bosu ball next to the wall. Actually works reasonably, but I can't seem to wedge my feet against the wall well so I was on the balls of my feet. 2 sets of 6-8 using hands to push me up.

Also did 2 strict pullups to the chin inbetween one of my deadlift warmup sets. 2 pullups motherfuckers WHoooooohooo! lol

Bodyweight 246lbs

Also should add I slept in pretty late and had not eaten when I went to workout. By the time I got to the pulldowns I was running on fumes. Still, was a good, short workout.

How do you do your SLDL? Do you do the arched back straight leg version or the rounded back locked out knee version?

Good shit on the pullups, I remember how much I sucked at chins when I was heavy. It was annoying because wide grip chins are the only exercise that give me real deep soreness in my lats. Something I used to do is shorten the ROM. I did "forehead pullups" for a while just pulling my forehead to the bar and progressed to eyebrow, nose, mouth then real pullups, just using the ROM as progression. I could do 6 sets of 4 wide grip "mouth pullups" at 215 lol :biggrin:

I pretty much do them like this guy except I go lower and touch the plates on the ground lightly for depth check. I use lifting straps so I don't have to focus on my grip at all, no belt:

YouTube - Todd Jewell - 495 lb. stiff-leg dead lift 11-12-09

My pullups start going to complete shit past about 225lbs.

Back when I was 195lbs and training sorta cross-fit style I could do sets of 5 perfect sternum chinups where you do a strict chinup to the bottom of your pecs. Bar touches the actual lower pec and your upper body is more horizontal than vertical. This is the hardest and best basic chinup you can do. I don't think you'd ever have to use more than 50lbs weighted on these performed properly and if you could you would be a leet chinup guy.

I know my lats were looking real solid when I was doing those. Better proportionally to everything else than they do atm.

I would also do sets of pullups around 5 reps all the way up touching the bar to the upper chest.

I have had trouble doing heavy rows for awhile now. For some reason they seem to aggravate my outer elbows. Surprisingly chinups/pullups and even power cleans don't hurt my outer elbows at all.

4-19-2011

Bench Day

Today we used a black band looped over the bar by the fattest part of the collar and looped under the bench and hooked onto the other side. So one band. Tension about 125lbs at the top.

135x8, 185x5 no band

bar+bandx5, 135+bandx5 warmup

185+bandx6+2 light forced reps
205+bandx1+2 moderate forced reps
185+bandx5
185+bandx3+2 light forced reps
155+bandx3+2 moderate forced reps

No more bands

Close-Grip Bench 225xfail, my muscles were totally cashed out.
185x3+2 forced reps, muscles like woaw jello

Cable Pressdown #7, 2x12,9

That was it. The band and forced rep thoroughly smoked all my pressing muscles.

Bodyweight 246lbs

Well I came to my senses and decided I wasn't going to derail my strength goals over whether or not some girl thought I looked good.

We talked once and had a pleasant conversation. Nothing has come of it. I have to say at this point I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Nothing is going to stop me from benching 400+ raw and deadlifting and squatting over 600 raw.

I will probably lean out as I start hitting my late 30's or when I have reached a point in my strength where I am comfortable with the strength loss that would occur leaning down to a fairly athletic state.

Right now in a perfect world eating a perfect diet and probably using a mild-moderate dose of testosterone I could cut down to a pretty good looking 205-215 and retain 85% of my strength. I'm not willing to accept that kind of loss in strength atm though.

That would be like going from benching 340 or more raw to a 290 bench and dropping from like a 525 dead to 445. That's a big loss and it's not worth it to me just for looks atm.

Now if we take me say 5 years from now and I can bench 450 raw and deadlift 675 at a bodyweight of 245-265lbs that would drop to 385 bench and 575 dead at around a lean 215-225lbs and that I would be happy with.

I can be lean at any point in time if I want, but to me that's dime a dozen. I can deal with looking shitty for several years as I continually keep getting stronger and stronger above and beyond your typical strong gym rat.

At 5'8.5" a fairly powerfully built guy in attractive condition would weigh around 190-205lbs. That's too small for my goals. I'm not trying to be 240lbs and 8% roided out looking, but I know I can eventually maintain a solid, good looking 225lbs at my height and perhaps 12-15% bodyfat which on my body looks quite good.

Top Bottom