Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Lifter's Iron Log...

I was in the Navy once, but had a minor sleep-walk episode near the end of boot and got kicked out. It was a couple weeks after they started having us stand watch for 2 hours at night. I don't handle sleep dep well at all. Pretty funny. I was the only guy to be picked to do more than 1 event in the upcoming Captain's Cup and never got a chance to own...let alone graduate from boot camp and go into BUD/S training for the SEALS which I had qualified for.

Because of that episode I was basically black listed from ever joining any military branch again.

So ya, not gonna happen.:bawling:

I was in the Navy once, but had a minor sleep-walk episode near the end of boot and got kicked out. It was a couple weeks after they started having us stand watch for 2 hours at night. I don't handle sleep dep well at all. Pretty funny. I was the only guy to be picked to do more than 1 event in the upcoming Captain's Cup and never got a chance to own...let alone graduate from boot camp and go into BUD/S training for the SEALS which I had qualified for.

Because of that episode I was basically black listed from ever joining any military branch again.

So ya, not gonna happen.:bawling:

Damn I'm sorry man. So you were actually planning on being in the SEALs? No offense but handling sleep deprivation well is kind of important for BUD/s haha! I love ROTC but I still kind of wonder what things would have been like enlisting with an l1B option 40 (infantry rangers). It would have been a hard ass life, but I feel like it would have been worth it. Still lots of people think ROTC people aren't very motivated and this and that. I've seen just the opposite everyone is super motivated so that's good

That's the great thing about trying something you have never done before. You learn what you can or cannot do/cope with.

Up until that point in time I had no idea how sensitive to sleep dep I was. Go figure.:cool:

11-18-2010

One Arm DB Row 50x5, 65x3, 85x2, 100x1, 120x1 left elbow was bugging me so I stopped there.

Medium Grip Cable Pulldown, pyramided up from 100 to 160 for around 4-5 reps per sets with short rest breaks, then did straight drop sets from 140 to 90. Took a short break and repeated drop sets from 120 down to 90.

Stair Calf Raises 60lbs DB 15,12,10,10

Seated V-handle cable row 100x15 really nice reps, actually had a pretty nice pump in my mid-back and lower lats for like 10 minutes after this set.

That's it. Light workout. Just wanted to give the lats and calves some work. Deadlifting on Saturday.

I may have to drop several exercises for 2-3 weeks and just focus on doing squat,db bench, deadlift and press because my left elbow isn't getting better and it's really starting to piss me off. I need to be more consistent with icing it at night.

Bodyweight 238lbs

11-20-2010

Deadlift 135x2, 225x2, 275x1, 315x1 warmup
385x6x1 singles, the second single was a sumo lift

Romanian deadlift 135x10, 185x12, 205x15

Lying Leg Curl 80x10, 95x8, 110x6, 125x4 drop set to 65x12, 50x12 and then adjusted seat and continued set for another 10 reps, but was using hip extension on both this and the 65 set. Basically as the weight comes up and your heels approach your ass you squeeze your ass hard and kinda do the superman move arching your back and lifting your ass up while squeezing the glutes and hams. Best thing I can liken it to is when girls get in the smith machine on all fours and then press the bar upward with the heel of one leg. It works the glute/ham very well. I don't really get an optimal contraction with a simple leg curl. I have to add some hip extension.

Bodyweight 238ish

Solid workout. Sucks being broke. Can't afford protein powder cuz what little money I have goes to food, but at least my food intake is good. Protein intake is not as high as I would like, but it's all quality and it's decent so things aren't too bad.:taco:

There's no glute/ham raise machine at the gym.

I tried doing an assisted on the cable pulldown, but it was so fuckin awkward I said fuck it.

If you've got some ghetto-rig setup to do it I'm all ears because I love the exercise.

Well I jus hook my feet up under somethin at the gym so that my knees are on the ground, I slowly let myself down and then push myself back up like an explosive pushup. I almost got to the point where I could go down and back up without any assistance! I haven't done any in a while because of my groin. I read that its really good exercise because it strengthens the muscle while its stretched.

That is a natural glute/ham raises and it's alot harder than even a well designed glute/ham raise machine. Not many people can do it unassisted and this is including badasses. Reminds of a little documentary I saw one time of a young up and coming football player that was being trained by a russian strength coach. Guy was doing unassisted natural gh raises with 45 fucking pounds!!! UBER beast.

I'll look into it. I might be able to get the bar positioned alright on the smith machine. Ideally you should pad your knees. My knee stability is very strong, but they are sensitive to direct compression. I worked for a friend as a carpet layer for 2 weeks and on the last day of those 2 week he had me use a "kicker" which us used to stretch and tighten carpet when it's on the floor. Basically you slam your knee into it. I did it for about 2 minutes and told him it wasn't gonna work. I woulda ruined my knees inside a week of that. Amazes me how my uncles did it for years and never had any serious knee issues.

ahhh shit sry bout ur knees, I usually grab 3-4 hand towels from the front desk at the gym.

Ive seen a vid where the guy hold a 45;b plate above his head! fuck i would smash my face right into the ground lolol

Top Bottom