Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I fucking hate weighted pullups.

frorider6

I added them into my program for some variation, hoping they would help to thicken up my back. I read something Big Buck posted once about wanting to up his pullup range. It was already at some ungodly amount. Anyway, someone suggested weighted pullups.

My set last week was
warmup unweighted/5
warmup unweighted/5
then
25lbs/5 reps
25/4
25/4

I hate these fucking things! Just thinking about them drains my strength. I just stick with it hoping that I'll learn to love it as much as deadlifts.

Anyone else ever try them?

Are these palms under or over?

Just wait till you gain more and more weight...haha...I hate these when I start bulking and gain weight.

They make me grow yet I still don't like them.

B True

Palms over and I think I've gained about 10 lbs since I started them.

Hate them so much! :mad:

Even though I hate them, I think they're better than the lat pulldown machine. More muscles involved and less ability to cheat.

Palms under is easier and I don't think that they build as much muscle.

Forgot to say good job Fro...

B True

If you hate pullups done with standard form, then try hyperpullups. Increase your total working weight by 30%(bodyweight+dead weight) and have a partner aid the concentric motion while you perform a 10 second eccentric unassisted.

Just use a belt in which you can attach weight to (dip belt or whatever you call them) , or if you dont have access to one of those, just try and keep the weight interlocked between your ankles (dumbbell), I would advise the the belt though!

Agreed, I hate them too. They become a real bitch with weight gain. When hypertrophy is your goal strength tends to get neglected. Consequently, weighted exercises like these get progressively harder.

Top Bottom