Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I fucking hate weighted pullups.

look at the fat guy doing chins....

I find palms facing away work the lats better, maybe it is just me but I want my lats to be worked so i pick the harder excercise. I have yet to have my bis give out before my lats on these because I go slow on the whole motion and emphasize the lat contraction part. If you have problems doing this try to lift by moving your elbows rather than trying to just get your chin above the bar....

Unless you have a different understanding than I do of how muscles work, it would be impossible for your arm to bend without your biceps contracting. Therefore, when you put your arm in the weaker position, it fails sooner, and your chin-ups come to a grinding halt (they all are chin-ups - your raising your chin up above a bar either way). And believe me, when your doing chins to failure, your biceps fail every time. No way around it. I'm open to other ideas here, but it just doesn't seem that there is any way around it.

Pronated chins are without a doubt the harder excersise, but it does not make them a better lat builder.

Another good way to emphasize the back muscles is to touch your sternum to the bar. Do this for as many reps as you can, and on the last couple you won't be able to do this but you can still squeeze out regular chins.

The key is, no matter what kind of chin up you're doing, don't setle for just getting your chin above the bar. Go as high as you possibly can.

JC

Top Bottom