Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the.gladiator1987's log of 2010

Your shoulder pressing versus your close grip bench confuses me.

If your tricep's are lacking I would start making cgbp a bigger focus than the bench or presses.

You should be able to rep 250 or more on close grip if yur tripling 315 on bench.

Good shit. Your pressing for your bodyweight is very good.

Thanks JL and ghettoo

I can cgbp 225 for reps but not after doing dips, this is actually the first workout where I've done something over 8 reps in the last 3 years

If you want to bring up your tri's more I would do them before shoulders and do cgbp before dips.

Shoulders get alot of work from regular bench. Then you toss in the behind neck and it's obvious why your chest and shoulders are ahead of your triceps.

Prioritize. Do triceps before shoulders and get your cgbp up to like 265-275x5 and I bet you'll add some meat to your triceps.

Ok so my shoulder day will be

cgbp
dips
skullcrushers
cable pushdowns

Then

btn military
db military

Seems like I would barely get a good shoulder workout?

Ok so my shoulder day will be

cgbp
dips
skullcrushers
cable pushdowns

Then

btn military
db military

Seems like I would barely get a good shoulder workout?

I understand why ghetto said to do CGBP first, but i don't think you need to do dips/skulls/pushdowns ahead of btn military/db military..... it will definitely hinder your performance on them whereas (imo) dips/skulls/cables won't be as effected

Glad: you said you wanted to get strong. So what the fuck is this obsession with triceps? Strong means movements. Not muscles. If muscles individually are holding you back (which is odd for you to isolate the problem to THAT extent) then hit them as supplementary exercises.

I've never seen a guy that couldn't solidly rep 275lbs on close grip not have very good triceps.

Glad, I would personally do:

Cgbp
then rest for a good 5-10 minutes while standing/walking around so you don't cooldown too much.

Then do behind neck press(drop these or you're gonna blow out your shoulder one day)

Dips
Cable Pressdowns.

That's it. Imo, there's literally zero reason to do both behind neck press and db presses. Both hit the shoulders very thoroughly.

Same with triceps. IF you go hard enough on cgbp and dips you really won't need much else.

The benefit of jacking up your cgbp is not only is the movement getting stronger, but it hits the muscle you want to bring up pretty hard and it's great accessory exercise to bench and press.

I'm not a big fan of too much assistance work for smaller muscles. 1-2 exercises with a focus on progression for the little guys is plenty imo.

Glad post up your training split and what exercises you do and I will give you my advice on how to prioritise tri's without neglecting chest and shoulders too much.

Yesterday I did this

db incline: 40x20, 50x15, 60x12
bb bench: 135x20, 155x15, 185x12
perfect dips: 16, 13, 12
cable pushdowns: 100x20, 110x15, 120x12
db flyes: 25x20
skullcrushers: 35x15, 45x12

My buddy did this same thing and he was saying how this super high rep stuff really helps his joints and lactic acid build up. I think im still gonna do it bu drop the reps down to 3 sets of 15, 12, and 10. My tri were so pumped

Top Bottom