Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is my REAL daily BMR and how many calories is REALLY maintenace?

B

Burning_Inside

I just did this BMR calculator thing, and it said my bmr is around 2345 calories ...215/2.2)*1*24 = 2345 calories, whatever that means. Now it's telling me my calories per day = 4104 to 4690 calories. i put down I was a very active person. Which i guess if you're running 4-5 days a week and liftin 2-3, then i think thats pretty active. Nowfrom what this is saying, is the lowest amount of calories i can really go 4104 per day before I push into starvation mode?

See, I need to find out exactly what my maintenace level is, i cant guess anymore, it's not doing me any good. I just want to find the actual maintenace level, and eat isocaloric and exercise daily to give me a 500 calorie defacit...But i just need to know my actual maintenance level, and it's annoying me trying to find it. Help me anyone.

By the way, here's a link to a BMR calculator, you guys try and tell me what you think. This one here says my BMR is 3742 calories. I think I'm going to average it at 3500...I think 4000 cals may be too much. Please give opinions.

the bmr is the basic resting metabolism, before taking into consideration your activity. Even though one inevitably effects the other.

I havn't found those online calorie things of much use they always go extremely high for calories. The problem with most of us is we have been dieting for a while and our metabolisms are slowed.

While as most of the studies used to outline the BMR's act... used people who were generally not concernerned with weightloss, probably even slowly gaining weight. Meaning there bodies are accusomted to larger amounts of food and there daily calories are quite out of proportioned with us unfortunatecutters.

I put in BED rest as my only activity and it still gave me a daily calorie expenditure of 2600. Good god I wish. That would mean ontop of all the normal living activities and lifting and cardio. I could eat like a cow and lose weight.

I like to take things to the extreme. Simply, I take my weight and multiply it by 12, and that is my BMR. This aproach worked awesomely over the years for me.

Those online calculators are bull, don't even bother spending your time looking at them.

Mr.X:cool:

Bump for MrX. Online BMR calculators are about as useful as online LBM calculators (in other words zilch). Sorry Burning, but there really is NO WAY to know your exact BMR from day to day short of a high tech whole room calorimeter. The best you can do is use a formula such as 12x and see if it works for you. In all honesty the people that find it easiest to lose fat IMHO are very in touch with their bodies and can tell from day to day how much food they need to keep the fat loss happening without muscle loss. Either that or they're on a ton of drugs. No one can teach you the 'zen' of fat loss, so trial and error is all you have for now.

Top Bottom