Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What equipment do you own?

wyst

I'm going crazy! I hate my gym, and it's costing me an arm and a leg. I have almost no equipment at home, and I'm seriously thinking about investing the money I'd spend at the gym on some sorta home equipment, looking at bowflex right now. I know, it's not freeweights, but it folds up small, an my place is smaaaaall.

So here're my questions:

What equipment do you all own?

Ever tried a bowflex or have an opinion about them?

Thanks,

Wyst

man, if I had to have a home gym and only a home gym, i would get something to do dips with and a chain for my waist to put some plates on. i would get something to do pullups for biceps and back, I would get a bench that would incline so I could do some flyes with some dumbbells, and lay it down flat for dumbbell bench. With some dumbbells you could also do some tricep and bicep along with the dips and pullups, abs you can do on a floor anywhere, legs are going to be a problem, you need some weight, I would get a cage and do some squats but thats probably a no go. so probably have to slide up and down a wall while placing feet further and further out and start placing plates on the top part of your quads, for shoulders you could always do handstand pushups or if you went with the dumbells could do plenty of presses and lateral raises and bent overs, for lower back you could use the dumbbells and do stiff legged deadlifts, oh hell, just cut something else out of your budget and stay at the gym :)

Well we don't use a gym b/c of time crunches and no babysitters, so we have a lot of free weights at home and a bench that inclines. We also have a treadmil that my sweet hubby bought me 2 months ago. We are also looking into investing in a bowflex or something along those lines...from what my husband has said, he thinks they are worth it. He used to be big into working out when he was in the military and all the guys would say that a bowflex is worth the money.

I barely have room for me & the cat! Although the cat is good for lifting!

- kitty curls
- back & front kitty squats
- kitty presses
- kitty busters
- kitty rows
- kitty deadlifts
- Roman kitty deadlifts
- weighted kitty crunches

He's a pretty flexible piece of equipment!

Thanks ladies...

BG you're hardcore, lol. I'd bite the bullet if I didn't dislike my gym so much.

Thanks for the info fen and Aud, I've considered buying cardio stuff, but I mostly jsut run for cardio these days, and my downstairs neighbors'd kill me if I got a treadmill, lol.

Sassy: My cat really likes pushups -- she likes to run under me or tickle my nose when I do em. She also bites the fronts of my ankles when I do situps for some reason.

Bump for systa wysta!

My stupid cat loves to run under my back when I do sit ups. He also likes to walk right next to me and literally flump onto his side. At least it forces me to keep my sit ups high & tight!

I also own a jump rope -- before the boob job I enjoyed doing boxer-style jumping (recall Oscar de la Hoya's fitness video???)

My cat snuggles up next to me when I'm doing low cable rows or reverse crunches! Sassy you're funny!!!

I have a power cage w/incl and decline bench w/leg curl/extension, Body Solid pro lat machine and vertical leg press, and an old DP multi-function "gym" that still comes in really handy. Of course the assortment of handles, bars, and plates are in there, too.

Top Bottom