Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What a God damn fucking shitty day

The YTM of 11% (with the coupon being at 10.5) simply shows that the bond is trading at a discount, or below par (which is 100, and you see the bond is trading at 99).

When the bond matures youll get your principle plus the semi-annual interest payment (10.5% of whatever your investment is divided by 2).

Make sense?

ok so lets say i put 5 grand into it... i would basically earn around $250 bucks for holding less than a month???

would it be dangerous though since the bond has a shitty rating or do i not need to be as concerned because the maturity date is so close???

would it be dangerous though since the bond has a shitty rating or do i not need to be as concerned because the maturity date is so close???

Keep in mind that CCC is just one step above basically being in default. And if an issuer is not going to be able to repay its obligation there most likely to let you know once the bond matures.

I would recommend calling the company's investor line and just asking them about whether or not theyre concerned about being able to repay this particular obligation. Theyll be able to tell you how much cash they have on hand (eg "We have enough capital to repay all our obligations for the next 12 months").

Man that sucks. That's why I avoided dealing with negroes when I was a broker, seriously. Even the wealthy ones were so tight they squeaked when they walked. They want to think about everything for a few days/weeks knowing full well they were gonna spend very little of that actually thinking about it at all.

I'm all "listen up, Mr. Man. There's three possible answers...yes, no and let me think about it. Two of those are guaranteed to not make you any money but one will show you why I have $10 million under management. Let's put put you down for 5,000 shares so you can see what I do for my clients. What's your social security number?"

^^^ That right there's a closing motherfucker.

^^^ That right there's a closing motherfucker.

One of the guys I work with used to be a commodities broker back in the 80s...cold calling rich folk.

Phone picks up.

"Get me (Name)!"

"(Name), are you aware of what is happening in the silver market today?"

Once the client asks how he can get involved...

"Whoa, whoa, whoa Mr. (Name)...put the shotgun down, put the checkbook back in your back pocket. You gotta qualify for these services. Now Im about to ask you a series of very challenging questions:

1) Are you a 10% shareholder in any publicly traded company?

2) Do you or any family members sit on the boards of any investment or regulatory firm?"

The client answers "no."

"Congratulations, youve qualified for these services. Im going to have a FedEx truck outside your house in one hour. Have a check for $25,000 ready. Dont go anywhere!"

Shit like that.

Im sure youre familiar with Hauser's Law, which basically proves that no matter how high you raise tax rates, tax revenue (as a % of GDP) remains consistent.

ED-AH556B_ranso_20080519194014.gif

Raising taxes encourages taxpayers to shift, hide and underreport income...and that simple fact aint going away any time soon. I read somewhere that for every 1% increase in taxes, there is 2% more money funneled into the "shadow economy."

I'm familiar with it. I wish papers other than the WSJ would print stuff like that. There are exceptions though, just like you pointed out with tax revenue disappearing due to evasion.

One of the guys I work with used to be a commodities broker back in the 80s...cold calling rich folk.

Phone picks up.

"Get me (Name)!"

"(Name), are you aware of what is happening in the silver market today?"

Once the client asks how he can get involved...

"Whoa, whoa, whoa Mr. (Name)...put the shotgun down, put the checkbook back in your back pocket. You gotta qualify for these services. Now Im about to ask you a series of very challenging questions:

1) Are you a 10% shareholder in any publicly traded company?

2) Do you or any family members sit on the boards of any investment or regulatory firm?"

The client answers "no."

"Congratulations, youve qualified for these services. Im going to have a FedEx truck outside your house in one hour. Have a check for $25,000 ready. Dont go anywhere!"

Shit like that.

That was a pretty sweet take-away!... NYICE close.

The YTM of 11% (with the coupon being at 10.5) simply shows that the bond is trading at a discount, or below par (which is 100, and you see the bond is trading at 99).

When the bond matures youll get your principle plus the semi-annual interest payment (10.5% of whatever your investment is divided by 2).

Make sense?

You got to be insane with brass balls to invest in a CCC Fitch rated bond. I know your explaining, but these are your brothers - just tell them, TURN away... he won't get shit from this - you guys should know better.

Top Bottom