Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To those who take Flaxseed Oil

About a month ago I bought 10 bottles of Flaxseed Oil off of Ebay :) for $14. The thing is, the flaxseed is in pill form unlike the liquid most of you probably take...it is made by the vitamin company "Your Life" and is past the shelf rotation date. I asked the ebay seller about the date, and he claimed that the vitamins are good 2 years after the shelf rotation date if stored in a cool, dry place.

1.)Are the pills as good as the actual oil?

2.)Will it matter that the pills are slightly older than sold in stores??

The consensus, from what I've read, seems to be that the oil is better than the pills. The oil is more easily absorbed, plus I think you have to take like 20 pills to match the dosage per tbsp of oil.

I would tend to think that the pills are still ok a little past the shelf life, but that's a guess.

Having tried both, and since the lignan qty is not nearly as the Omegas, I would recommend using hemp oil, if you can find it, cold pressed, etc....

FAR higher in the good stuff, although the tast is not particularly becoming.

Do a search, there are numerous threads concerning this.... basically everyone goes for the oil itself because that is said to be better off with EFA's.. the caps are heat treated and basically heat destroys most, if not all the fatty acids in it.. there was a comparison made by someone in the threads saying how 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil would equal the same amount of nutritional value of 14-18 pills... correct me if i'm wrong my memory is sorta shot.. hope this helps..
and yes, if flax seed oil gets rancid very quickly.. i would assume the pills go rancid even quicker..

Just going from what I've noticed, it seems that ounce-per-ounce, you get more flax oil for your money in the liquid form than you do in caplets or pills.

I would think vitamins would last longer than the oil since the oil must be refrigerated...however, i think you are right about the oil being much more beneficial per dosage.

Johnny Auto Parts said:
so in conclusion what would you guys do?
i have 450+ flaxseed pills left....should i dump them and go for the oil???

Well, you've got 'em. Might as well use them up. Or you could combine them with the oil.

Let us know how it goes.

Top Bottom