Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tat's DON'T GET FAT offseason journal

Working out breakfast

This meal is not going to vary much at all, so going to sort this one out first.

Really, it hasn't varied a whole lot in a couple of years...........

2345 kcals/day divided by 7 = 335 kcals per meal

Oats 35 g
kcals 137
carbs23
protein 6
fat 2.1

Protein 35 g
kcals 137.2
carbs 2.3
protein 26.4
fat 2.9

Total kcals 274.2
total protein 25.3
total carbs 32.4
total fat 5

Oats 35 g
See above

Protein 40 g
kcals 156.8
carbs 2.6
protein 30.2
fat 3.4

Total kcals 293.8
Total carbs 25.6
Total protein 36.2
Total fat 5.5

None of these are perfect yet

Oats 40 g
kcals 143.6
carbs 24.2
protein 4.4
fat 3.2

Protein 40 g
kcals 156.8
carbs 2.6
protein 30.2
fat 3.4

Total kcals 299.9
Total carbs 26.8 g
Total protein 34.6
Total fat 6.6

Kcals from carbs 26.8 g x 4 kcals/g = 107.2 kcal
% 107.2 kcals from carbs divided by total kcals 299.9 x 100 = 35.7 %

Kcals from protein 34.6 g x 4 kcals/g = 138.4 kcals
% 138.4 kcals from protein divided by total kcals 299.9 x 100 = 46.1 %

Kcals from fat 6.6 g x 9 kcals/g = 59.4 kcals
% 59.4 kcals from fat divided by total kcals 299.9 = 19.8 %

This is not a bad fit with my 40/40/20 ratio of carbs/protein/fat.

It is a bit less on the kcals and carbs, but it also allows for variations in the types of 'oats' I use, cause I do use quinoa, barley, rye, wheat, buckwheat flakes, and also a wee bit of soya milk..................one of my 'cocoas' on those cold mornings.

Oats 40 g
kcals 143.6
carbs 24.2
protein 4.4
fat 3.2

Protein 35 g
kcals 137.2
carbs 2.3
protein 26.4
fat 2.9

Total kcals 280
total carbs 26.5 g
total protein 30.8 g
total fat 6.1

Calories and % from carbs = 26.5 g x 4 kcals/g = 106 kcals/280 kcals =37.9 %
Calories and % from protein=30.8g x 4 kcals/g=123.2/280 kcals = 44 %
Calories and % from fat=6.1 g x 9 kcals/g = 54.9/280 = 19.6 %

Even better..................

This is what it is like, I would to like to find an easier way, (besides finding someone else to work it all out for me).

Once I have these ratios worked out though, and recorded somewhere, it is so easy just to go back to them.

Last edited:
Rep Range

I have worked out my perfect split, nicked it from Uncle Dorian

Monday - Chest and Bis

Tuesday - Legs and Calves

Wed - Off or cardio and forearms and abs (not sure about this yet)

Thurs- Back

Friday - OFF or Shoulders, Tris and Abs

Sat- Shoulders, Tris and Abs

Today was chest day, I did have a blonde moment and we ended up doing chest and tris (old habits die hard)

Rep range has a particular lifting tempo, so 2 sec on negative, 1 sec SQUEEZE on peak contraction

Incline Dumbell Press

10 kg/22 lb x 20 (warm-up)

16 kg/35lbs x 10

18 kg/40 lb x 10/8

Flat Bench Press - Olympic Bar

40 kg/88 lb x 8/7/8

Dumbell Flys

10 kg/22 lbs x 14/13

Triceps

Weighted Dips

5 kg/11 lb x 7/7/6 (these were TOUGH after chest, defo not doing this pattern again

Pushdowns - Cable with 'V' bar

40 kg/88 lb x 12/12

Dumbell Kickbacks

6 kg/11 lb x 15/15

These I gave a slight flick out on the contraction, it was GREAT which hit the long arm of the tricep (that's the bingo wing area ladies, I highly recommend you try this)

I also met with my new coach last night, and I am going to meet him to work out my new diet plan for next year.

I have also told him I will not post a lot of his 'comp prep' secrets on-line, so I may not be doing a comp prep thread per se..........

Had a cheat meal last night after the BBing comp, one of my sometimes training partners is 19 (and so is his GF and mate) and they wanted MacDonalds (he is wondering why he is getting a bit chubby around his mid-section, DOH) and there was also a Pizza Hut.

I was not going to waste my cheat meal on rubbish food like that, but there was a small independent pizza place across the street, and I had a pepperoni pizza (about the only time I will eat pork) and it was YUM.

Also over my carb-phobia, I was off today, so I had double oats brekkie, and tonight after training, I had some pasta.

It is a bit shocking how quickly the carbs add up with pasta though...........

30 g pasta

kcals 104
protein 4.4 g
carbs 30 g
fat 0.6 g

50 g smoked tofu

kcals 97.5
protein 10 g
carbs 1.5 g
fat 5.7 g

250 g of steamed brocolli

kcals 90
protein 7.8 g
carbs 3.2 g
fat 2.0 g

25 g veggie red pesto

kcals 88
protein 0.9 g
carbs 1.5 g
fat 8.7

Total
kcals 380
protein 23.1 g
carbs 36.2 g
fat 17 g (a bit high, oops :))

macronutrient ratios
protein = 92.4 kcals = 24%
carbs = 145 kcals = 38 %
fat = 153 kcals = 40 %

This is interesting ratios, cause I think it fits in with the natural hormonal enhancement ratios, where you rotate the carbs and protein around the fat, meaning the level of fat stays the same, and you either have high carbs or high protein.

I am going to be eating foods I normally wouldn't eat, like pasta and dairy this month, cause I will be dieting most of next year..........

Legs

Leg extensions - Hammerstrength plate loading

warm up on a cable machine 15 kg/33 lb x 20

17.5 kg/38.5 lb x 38.5 lb x 7/8

Hack Squat - Cybex plate loading

100 kg/220 lb x 15

140 kg/308 lb x 15

160 kg/352 lb x 15

(not heavy enough, rep range is 10-12, but didn't have enough time tonight to experiment with weights all that much)

Leg Press - Cybex plate loading 45 degree angle

200 kg/440 lb x 12/12/10

(this pulls on my injured calf a bit, otherwise I think I would be going heavier)

Lunges
- smith machine - single leg for full reps then switch

30 kg/66 lb x 20/20 for each leg

Seated Leg Curl - Hammerstrength plate loading

40 kg/88 lb x 7 (bit too heavy)

35 kg/77 lb x 8/8

Stiff Leg Dead Lift - Olympic Bar

60 kg/132 lb x 10/10

Standing Calf Raises

40 kg/88 lb x 12

50 kg/110 lb x 11/13

Seated Calf Raises

30 kg/66 lb x 15/15/15

Got through this workout fast, as I had the extended day shift today (8-8) so didn't get to the gym till 9, and it closes at 10.

I am LOVING taking in carbs after training.

Whey isolate shake right after training, then had a ryvita with manuka honey (15 g) about 30 min later, while I waited for my chicken to cook and my veggies (carrots, brocolli and brussel sprouts) to steam.

Training looks VERY solid....hoping I can one day find that perfect diet for me & stick to it.....I'm floundering as of now...

:wavey:

Ditto on the training, wow.

Dieting and breaking out the macros ... I gave up and bought a diet log program and it's worth every penny to me. I have a spreadsheet that I worked out grams for a wide variety of different macro ratios/calories and the new diet program has a target section where you can just put in either the percentage of your calories you want coming from the various macros OR the grams of the macros you want to be taking it. No more headaches in THAT department.

Now if I could just frigging find the magic numbers for me *sigh*

jenscats5 said:
Training looks VERY solid....hoping I can one day find that perfect diet for me & stick to it.....I'm floundering as of now...

Did you see the pics of my training buddy? It helps that he is a bit o'eye candy, actually there are a lot of great looking lads in my gym.

It helps :)

I have a few more recipes to add, I just have to do some calculations.

One of them is what I call 'my favourite carbs', red lentil bolognese :)

I also bought some cottage cheese.

I am going to eat a really wide range of things this month, just watch the calorie intake and keep it at about maintainance, not worry too much about how I am combining fats and carbs.

I will be dieting for a LONG time next year, so I had might as well enjoy this month.

I will be avoiding refined sugar like the plague, and cafe lattes and cappucinos will only be a once a week treat if that. I KNOW once I get the taste for them, I have a hard time giving them up.

Right now I like the taste of unsweetened plain soya milk, so not going to mess that up.

musclemom said:

Dieting and breaking out the macros ... I gave up and bought a diet log program and it's worth every penny to me. I have a spreadsheet that I worked out grams for a wide variety of different macro ratios/calories and the new diet program has a target section where you can just put in either the percentage of your calories you want coming from the various macros OR the grams of the macros you want to be taking it. No more headaches in THAT department.

Everytime I start working out my macros and calories it seems to get easier.

I am reading this book by Rob Faigin called Natural Hormonal Enhancement, and he says - no counting calories.

I think Nelson has something similar in his e-book, I am going to read that next.

How fab would it be if you could just eat intuitively and not have to count calories!

I could eat for bloody England, right now I am pretty good at keeping portions small, but I also know I have to eat a bit more to put on some more muscle while I have the energy to seriously hammer out the weights in the gym, and I don't have that concern about doing myself and injury too close to a comp.

musclemom said:

This sound interesting. Could you pm me some details

Wow you are a true inspiration!! You rock girl! I just wish I could see bigger pics of you. Sucks not being plat sometimes.

Top Bottom