Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tat's DON'T GET FAT offseason journal

jenscats5 said:
Got a recipe for the Bnut squash curry? I have some bnut squash I want to do something creative with....

I made it up but here it is

1 onion

3 cloves garlic

Sautee in water with (to your taste) ground cumin, coriander, ginger, and whatever curry powder you fancy - we have a WIDE range here)

1000 g Butternut squash (about the tops of two butternut squashes - steamed)

300 g of baby new potatoes - lightly boiled and cut into smaller bits

300 g of string beans/fine beans - also lightly steamed

500 ml of tomatoe pasata

Chickpeas or garbanzo beans and some spinach (frozen) would also work well in this.

You may need to add some extra water, or an extra tin of whole tomatoes..........

I control my protein more, so I did cook the chicken separately as well.

Tatyana said:
It looks like I have a spare ticket for Stars of Tomorrow this weekend :qt:

I'm not sure what the "Stars of Tomorrow" event is, but I get the feeling I'd be the luckiest guy there.
:heart:

Nelson Montana said:
I'm not sure what the "Stars of Tomorrow" event is, but I get the feeling I'd be the luckiest guy there.
:heart:

:)

It is the UKBFF (NPC) once a year event, if you win your class, you qualify for the British Finals the next year. Normally a pretty good bodybuilding show.

Last night I did chest and triceps - no new old training partner again, think I may have to find another, or on heavy week, just get some of the lads in the gym to spot me. I had to have a trade off between what I could get up (once I have the dumbells up, I can push a bit more weight than this).

I am using mostly dumbells as I have some asymmetry in my chest.

CHEST and TRICEPS - POWER

Dumbell Bench Press

10 kg/22 lb x 20 (warm up)

18 kg/40 lb x 6/5/3

Incline Dumbell Bench Press

18 kg/40 lb x 6/4/5

Weighted dips

10 kg x 4/4/5/

Triceps (I went off plan on this one as I didn't have it written down)

Cable Press down - V-bar (did the full stack think it is 46 kg/102 lbs)

46 kg/102 lbs x 5/5/5

Dumbell Kickbacks

12 kg/26.4 lbs x 6/7/7

I think I will take tonight off.............

Chicken and Leek Winter Vegetable Stew

Onion (one) 200 g 72 kcals 2.4 g protein 15.8 g carbs 0.4 g fat

Celery (2 sticks) 100 g 8 kcals 0.5 g protein 0.8 g carbs 0.3 g fat

Carrots (3) 200 g 60 kcals 1.4 g protein 12 g carbs 1.0 g fat

Swede/Rudabega (1/2 medium one) 44 kcals 1.2 g protein 9.2 g carbs 0.4 g fat

Baby new potatoes 400 g 300 kcals 17.2 g protein 162 g carbs 3.2 g fat

Parsnips (4 small) 300 g 210 kcals 5.4 g protein 37.5 g carbs 3.3 g fat

Leeks (8 medium) 207 kcals 14.4 g protein 26.1 g carbs 4.5 g fat

TOTAL 2500 g - 901 kcals 42.5 g protein 263 g carbs 13.1 g fat

Done in a Kallo organic low sodium stock cube with thyme, rosemary and marjoram.............

Almost done cooking, I will weight the stew after cooking, probably divide it into 8 - 10 portions.........

I do round up the veggies, so for example I had 870 g of leeks, but I have veg in 100 g portions in my spread sheet. Makes my life so much easier, and anyway, the calories are just an estimate.

REALLY calories should be expressed as ranges with a standard deviation, for example 100 g swede 10 - 14 kcals plus or minus 2 kcals, but most people would not like to deal with calories that way.

Add in chicken with each portion

Smells GREAT

Tatyana said:

It is the UKBFF (NPC) once a year event, if you win your class, you qualify for the British Finals the next year. Normally a pretty good bodybuilding show.

HA! SHOWS YOU HOW MUCH I KNOW. AND I DID THE NPC! (BUT IT WAS BACK SOMETIME IN THE 1930'S)

I had to have a trade off between what I could get up (once I have the dumbells up, I can push a bit more weight than this).

I AM NOT GOING TO COMMENT ON WHAT I THINK YOU CAN GET UP.

NELSON!

I think if we are going to get all flirty, let's meet in Elite between the sheets :qt:

So while it is stuff yourself silly time in the USA, it is just another day in the UK.

Except my old/new training buddy is finally getting his BUTT in gear with training, JOY.

We first started training together two years ago, in my first season competing, and he also dieted down and competed.

He is just awesome for all sorts of info about supplements, he has tried most, and he did have me seriously expand my knowledge about BBing supps, training and diet.

Tonight we did

SHOULDERS

Warm up 7 min walking on treadmill on incline

Military Press - Hammerstrength plate loading machine

10 kg/22lb x 20 (warm-up)

35 kg/77 lb side - 70 kg/154 lb total x 6

30 kg/66lb side - 60 kg/132 lb total x 7/6

Wide Grip Upright Barbell Rows

30 kg/66 lb x 7

36kg/80 lb x 6/7

'Cheat' Lateral Raises - I took this as throw them up anyway possible

10 kg/22 lbs x 8

12 kg/26 lb x 6

I did take advantage of having a training buddy to spot me for some forced reps, and went as heavy as possible, it was GREAT

Also did

CALVES

Standing

40 kg/88 lb x 8

50 kg/110 lb x 6/8

Seated

40 kg/88 lbs x 6

50 kg/110 lbs x 8/8

This was a massive breakthrough for me, I haven't done any heavy calves since my achilles rupture, and it felt GREAT (I used to be able to do 100 kg, all in good time). I do think my hesitation is psychological, I am going to see how I feel tomorrow, and also have a chat with my physio about it.

ABS

Decline Weighted Crunches

6 kg/13.2 lbs x 7/8/6

Kneeling Cable Crunches

40 kg/88 lbs x 12

60 kg/132 lbs x 8/9

STRETCH

Whey protein isolate cooler with glutamine

then 2 Ryvitas and my winter veg stew with chicken when I got home

I have a few pics of my training buddy, he's ok with me posting them....

This is still the gym I train in, it is a BBing gym, there is a section that is a bit more civalised, it hasn't changed a lot. I like my gyms a bit grotty.

These are from when he was dieted down to compete.

It is cold outside, and no training partner on weekends, but hey, it is BACK and BIs day.

I had to warm up my fingers on the only working radiator in the gym, and electric one behind reception.

There are a few radiators in the gym, but either they are not working, or they haven't been switched on.

I had to walk for about 10 min at a fast pace to get warm, and I had to wear my wooly hat to stay warm.

Rack Deadlifts - Olympic bar in a cage/box

20 kg/44 lb x 20 warmup

60 kg/132 lb x 11

70 kg/154 lb x 10

75 kg/165 x 10

80 kg/176 x 4

This was frustrating, first time doing rack pulls, and I couldn't get the right weight for the rep range. I just couldn't lift 80 kg the first time I tried!

Bent over barbell rows - Olympic bar

60 kg/132 x 1 (too heavy)

50 kg/110 x 6/6/5

Chins - reverse grip pull ups

No weight x 4/3/2

Haven't done these in AGES, I used to do sets of 7 -10, mind you I started my workouts with these, not after two heavy exercises

Close grip seated cable rows

48 kg/106 lb x 5/6

54 kg/119 lb x 4

BICEPS

Barbell curls
- Olympic bar

30 kg/66 lb x 1 (too heavy)

25 kg/55 lb x 4/3

Preacher curl - Hammersmith plate loading machine (I am too short for the bench we have)

20 kg/44 lb x 6

25 kg/55 lbs x 4

Hammer dumbell curls

16 kg/35 lb x 4 (bad form IMHO)

12 kg/26 lb x 6

14 kg dumbells would have been better, but they seem to have gone walkies in the gym.

I do love my gym, and I have mentioned before that I am like one of the lads.

This is a good example of this.

I was walking out and one of the regular lads, Ash exclaims, "TAT, have you had a boob job?"

I have, but it was close to two years ago now. I reply "yes you big goof"

He responds, "I have never looked before"

Posted this in the training section earlier

and I sort of fancy putting it here.......

Baby it's cold outside and it is also cold in my gym, cause the very few radiators that we have, are not working right now.

It is getting to be that type of cold that I may have to get lifting gloves, and only because the iron and steel in the gym is icy cold to the touch and my fingers start to freeze.

It's so cold, not even the 15 min walk to the gym warms me up.

It's so cold, no one thinks you look like an idiot when wearing a woolen hat in the gym.

Not everyone likes to train in these conditions, the gym was empty, only those committed to their training were there, and I knew all of them.

I like training this way, Arnie started out training this way, in a freezing cold gym.

Summer does not bring any relief to the extreme conditions, cause my gym doesn't have any air conditioning either, there are times that even warming up will make me shining with sweat.

This is what it is all about, putting your body to the test, making it work through any extreme, the weather, when you are dieting, when that last set just seems like it is not going to happen.

I love it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I went to Stars of Tomorrow today

and it was great to go and see another bodybuilding comp, I haven't been since April.

It really gave me an even greater incentive and focus for next season.

I have a hard time gauging my progress, even when I know some of my measurements are bigger, and my weight has increased, but I often wonder if it is just because I am carrying too much fat.

I was asked by a few people if I was a bodybuilder, and why wasn't I competing...also a few people that compete or know the sport (one of my mates is one of the editors of Flex UK), said that I had put on some good size.

What really made my evening was when one of the guest posers, the new British IFBB pro James 'Flex' Lewis asked me when I was competing again

:) :) :) :) :)

Pics of Flex guest posing, Troy Brown (another new British IFBB pro I know from my former coaches gym) and Flex and I.

I do have to say, he is just the coolest and nicest lad.

Really, I think being really personable goes a long way in being a pro BBer.

The Welsh are such a great people, and a lot of the lads have these FREAKY huge calves and legs.

He does have an awesome physique as well.

Top Bottom