Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

performing deadlifts with an ez curl bar

willhare

I don't have the time to go to the gym and sometimes I have to work out at home with the few equipment I have, as you all know deadlifts are meant to be done with an olympic bar which I don't have lol, I only have freeways and a ez curl bar, since I love doing dead lifts do you think and I can use the ez curls bar or it'll subtract intensity to my work out and turn into a waste of time? thanks.

the worst thing guys do with deadlifting is using improper form and using wraps. you want to increase hand strength when doing them, so using grip aids is the dumbest thing you could do. you usually see people doing that in beta franchise gyms

so to answer your question i don't see a proper with using EZ curl bar as long as you do them right although i would invest in a straight olympic bar. you can find great deals online

Deadlifts are a power movement. They are meant to be done explosively with an olympic bar for low reps.

I would invest in an olympic bar. You can do deadlifts with an EZ bar but it won't be the same. With a good olympic bar, you can also do squats, bench press, cleans etc.

It shouldnt be too expensive. A good olympic bar will be less then $100.

You wont be able to put enough weight on an EZ Curl bar to do deadlifts that are worth while. I would save up and get an Olympic bar or try to adjust schedule to get to a gym more often.

Technically you could do a variation but there are few things that you need to take into account. The very first one is the weight, which is mentioned. You will not be able to rack up a lot of weight on the EZ bar, so eventually it will be a problem.

Secondly, the grip. Deadlifts are done with a straight or mixed grip, but by taking the EZ bar you risk of tearing something up.

I would simply think of different exercises to do instead of deadlifts.

Top Bottom