Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

People that train at night

killa in manila

With my new job, I will have to be working out ar around midnight. That doesn't really bother me but post workout nutrition does.What do I eat after the workout since I will be going to bed afterwards? I can also squeeze out 30 mins of empty stomach cardio to keep me slim. Let me know how you gusy manage to work out at night, eat or drink your post workout meal and go to bed without those calories turning into fat.

i asked this same question in the diet forum. i take creatine after the workout (75g's of carbs-sugar mind you) and they said dont worry about it.

ttt for ya

When you are done training your body is in a nutrience sucking mode.

I would take in liquid cals... something like a protein shake with carbs (Dextrose works well)...

Eat something like Cottage Cheese an hour later, and hit the sack.

Good question I also work out at night and needed to know this same question....Bump for more info.........TAPOUTM:evilking:

Technically I don't workout at NIGHT, however to me it is......
-I work overnights (10pm-7am), and the only time I can set aside to legitimatelly focus on working-out is immediately after work/before bed. I wake-up around 7pm and go to sleep around 11am, 5dys/wk. I've been doing this for quite a few years now and have had no problems with diet/training.
-My meal schedule looks like this (Bulking Phase):
Meal 1 - 7:30pm
Meal 2 - 10:30pm
Meal 3 - 1:30am
Meal 4 - 4:00am
Meal 5 - 6:30am (Protein bar/Pre-workout)
Workout - 7:30am
P-W Shake - 8:30am (50gPro/80gCarb/10gCreatine/1gALA
Meal 6 - 9:30am
Meal 7 - 11:00am (Whey/Casein/Egg/P.B. Shake)
SLEEP - 11:30am

Now my Cutting Phase is another story, meals, timing, carbs, fats, etc.... But, as far as Post-Workout carbs, I usually get a little concerned so I simply drop the 80g of carbs P-W down to 50g, and Meal 6 & 7 NO carbs and NO Peanut Butter! (damn I luv PB! lol)

Strong one is right, when your finished training your body thirsts for nutrition. You can eat 80gms of Complex carbs, 75 gms of dextrose and 60 gms of Whey and nothing will be stored as fat esecially if you are taking insulin.

Buy the book "Championship Bodybuilding" By Chris Aceto...He trained Jay culter for a few years and got him in shape to turn pro, this guy knows his shit.

Infact even when your body is in a fast (sleeping 8 hours) and you wake up first thing in the mouring your body will not store any Carbohydrates as fat if it can help it, nor protein. it stores it all as glycogen to reboot the system for the day. That immediatley turns your body from catabolic (fasting) to anabolic. Breakfast and post workout should be your biggest carb meals

ideally, i'd like to consume at least 3 meals after my workout.
so i guess you're not in a good situation but make the best of it.

NJextreme......i wake up in a.m...then drink a cup of black coffee (no sugar, no cream) :) then hit the gym lift for 30-45 mins then head home and get a meal in.......since my body is still in the " fasting mode"......
do you think i could go a little heavier on carbs ( right now keeping carbs low )....i'm bulking but trying to keep fat gain low.......?

Try keeping a protein shake by the bedside and if you wake up in the night - gulp it. it only takes am inute to gulp it. i have been doing this.

SanFrancisconewb said:
Try keeping a protein shake by the bedside and if you wake up in the night - gulp it. it only takes am inute to gulp it. i have been doing this.

very good advice.

even better is some eggs and/or chicken.
cottage cheese and beef are also good options.
so is tuna.:rolleyes:

i guess just about any protien really.:)

Top Bottom