Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pcos and losing weight

Morning24

Hi, Im posting here because I’ve kind of hit a peak in my work out dieting routine.

Here’s a little of my background:
I am in my early 20s. Weigh 152 at 5’10. Just diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) around 6 months ago. Dealt with being overweight in my teens. Recently lost weight. Now as a grad student I have been trying to lose another 15/20 and tone up. I have an extremely terrible sleeping pattern because of late classes and late night work.

I run around 4/5 miles four times a week.

My daily calorie intake is around: 1200-1300 calories
4/5 egg whites
Banana
Coffees with skim and equal
Lunch is usually a salad with chicken and cheese

Snack is an apple
Maybe another snack is carrots/celery with hummus
Dinner is grilled chicken/turkey/tofu with a side vegetables or a salad.
Snack is popcorn and tea.

Daily Medicine/vitamins:
50mlgs spironolactone
daily zahara birth control
morning multivitamins
morning b12
morning and night omega 3-6-9
morning and night ginko

I’ve been looking to drop the last few pounds and start toning up (I carry extra weight in my mid-section). I’m not able to get to the gym to join in for classes but wanted to know if anyone has some suggestions on a beginner’s tone up routine or people dealing with pcos and losing weight.

you have to get your sleep under control...regular patterns

and you have to research insulin sensitivity (chicken or egg theory with pcos)
the birth control and spiro help keep symptoms under control but are like throwing gas on the pcos fire
I'm not saying don't take them...Im saying know what youre in for if you ever come off of them

have you looked over a paleo or keto diet and soulcysters dot com at all?
Im on an intermittent fast kick the past couple of days which helped a short plateau breakthrough...you can look over info for that on leangains.com

you have your a1c checked at all?
look into chromium supplementation..its controversial but always did good things for me

I think your calories are too low and I would bump them up to 1500 or at least have a couple days a week where you eat a higher level of calories. I agree with Shirlene too...if there's anyway to try to get your sleeping patterns a little more regular, it will definitely help.

Welcome to the board! Posting is a huge first step towards hitting your goals. For some reason it is hard for all of us to make that step. Once we do we tend to go all in.
Have you considered keeping a journal in this section? Here is what happens if you do. you post what you eat, how much and when. Same with fluids. This will then allow all the ladies to help you by adjusting what you are doing where needed. It lets you learn from their previous mistakes. So you save time and money.
I would also recomend posting what you do for each workout when you do it too.
The journal is also a great way to vent. We all have issues and sometimes letting them out helps. Plus, since we are all letting them out we sort of have a support system of people who know what we are going through.
If you do it I will bet you hit your goals and then some.
Best of luck!

Top Bottom