Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OK What weights/exercise are you most proud of

Leg press

While a 900 lb leg press is extremely impressive for a woman, it isnt unheard of.. there was a pro fbb at my old gym who could do reps with 900 and she was only 5'2" and 135 (in off season).. of couse she looks like she is juiced up on about everything out there LOL she isn't a cutie like Triple V!

I have done 1100+ for reps myself (although not as impressive since I am a 235 lb male). It should also be mentioned that leg presses are very different, depending on the brand, some have steeper angles and some have smother sliding action... on some machines 800 or 900 was a killer for me (or even worse, that damn Hammer leg press! LOL)

So yes, Ms Triple V is very genetically gifted in the leg department, but it isnt totally unbelievable if you go to some serious gyms.

Great weights, ladies.. keep up the hard work!

BTW, Triple V... I was more impressed with the 60 lb flyes than the leg press... damn, serious outer pec action there! ;)

My first visit to this thread. Some great lifts are going on out there!

In defense of 3V, I don't have huge legs, but I have no prob completing leg press sets of 12x300kg/10x340kg/6-8x360kg. So my last set is 18 plates or 792lbs plus whatever the sled weighs. I have never tried a one rep max, but I don't think 20 plates sounds unbelievably outrageous. And yes, my heels go almost to my butt for each rep and I don't use wraps. There is another women in my gym who presses more, but she's got her pro card and is fully jacked.

However, that is not a lift that I'm proud of. My favorite regular lift has gotta be dips. I go for 2 sets of 12 with a 20 kg plate around my waist, then do 1 set of 8 with 2 plates on.....Nice and slow full range dips. Yup, the whole gym stares and the guys are spitting tacks. I finish my dips with unweighted dips to failure, which is only around 12-15 after all that weighted stuff.

Was just about to say that I like that I'm weighting my dips these days, but then MS has to go and show me up...

Too bad about the dips Lobo because if you could do dips at your weight, it would prolly be the same as me doing dips with 90lbs around my waist LOL. Shame that no one would stare at you for that feat, so it's definitely not worth the shoulder pain.

Sorry OTC, my numbers may make your numbers look less exciting, but I've been dipping for a long time (skinny dipping, corn chip dipping, celery and carrot dipping). I'm sure you'll get there with perserverance and several decades of practice! Look at it this way, how many women in your gym can even do one full unassisted dip with their puny bodyweight, much less with added weight? Your accomplishment is olympian!

I am strong for my size, that's what I was kinda saying. I'm not a huge mass monster (and have no desire to be one). I have what they call a large strength to body weight ratio which is great if ya wanna be a power lifter or rock climber. THAT'S why people stare when I load up a lift. Not because of the weights I move, but because of my size (or lack there-of).

This is one of the BIG differences between bodybuilders and powerlifters. Powerlifters need very little or no AAS to compete well. They just need good genetics and a little bit of oxandrolone or winny if they're trying to make a weight class (and tons of good coaching). Bodybuilders need the full arsenal of drugs if they want to compete beyond amateur.

Put another way, the "jacked Pro female" in my gym is a LITTLE stronger than me, but a LOT bigger. Well that's my excuse for not putting up any photos.....................

wow...

It's been awhile since I been here. I had to stay away...I need to wait another year before I can do AS. It is hard for me to compare myself.

I've been doing lighter weights lately because I have been afraid for my shoulder and knee joints...but now I'm stronger than ever because concentrating on slower movements and precise form has improved my physique considerably.

My best bench press with dumbbells is 55lbs. flat for 8 reps. Not shabby, not great.

(my excuse...two premenstrual cycles after the tragedy...may as well get on the 'blame the tragedy' bandwagon...heehee).

Very impressive, ladies.

I have had the pleasure to see New in the flesh and not only is she drop dead gorgeous with a beautiful physique, but is one of the sweetest women on the planet.

MS - SHUT UP about not having size. Her competitive photos had EVERYONE REELING.... even the great one, Lobo himself - LOL!

I have also had the extreme pleasure to meet W6 in the flesh and I agree w/Lobo's assessment..... J/K! Wilson was very sweet, VERY SMART and just an all-around decent human being. I was very happy that he took the time to come and find me at the Arnolds. :)

As for my lifts.... I am by no means the strongest, biggest chick here. I was on a roll last year and then the divorce bullshit hit the fan and everything pretty much went to pot. Well ALMOST.

FC and IG have talked me into competing again in Apr 2002. So I feel like I am ready to hit it again.... BUT HARD. hehehee

Lobo = international man of mystery. I bet that he is about 4'11" 24%bf with 12" arms!

BWAHAHAHAHAHhaahhahahaaaa!

Aww Spatts...I may get around to sending you one...I dont post pics:( And thank you Bmom...it was a pleasure meeting you as well, and let me tell you she does not look like she has 1 child let alone 4...you are inspiring and a beautiful woman! Admire you for your strong character especially with what you are going through...it is tough, but I promise you will see things differently and become a better person when things clear, and settle down. Lobo is lying I sent him pictures of my sister he has never seen me! Jokin...my sis has about 1/4 of the muscle and weighes about 60lbs less:)

For now photos are a little tricky. I am working on putting some up at MSN, but it will be a while before that goes ahead.

I understand the desire for motivational pictures. Especially on the web where everything can seem so impersonal. But I'm sure you gals are wise enough to know that even if W6, New@ WarLobo or myself are just midget fat turds, it doesn't negate the quality of the advice given. Look at some of the clients W6 has trained. That's what matters. Take Lyle McDonald as an example....His word is revered in many BB circles, yet he is a most disappointing creature to gaze upon. And I don't know of any top notch competitors that he has personally trained to a high level of physique development like W6 has (I'm not saying that Lyle hasn't trained competitors, just that I haven't heard of them). However Lyle has a solid grasp of nutrition, biochemistry and physiology.

Sigh. I've never met any of ya, and I'm stuck in the farthest reaches of the planet from the rest of you folks so I don't like my chances....

Top Bottom