Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Maybe this routine is better...

Tryn2

If day one is on Monday should I rest Saturday & Sunday or rest Saturday and hit it again with day one as Sunday ???

Day 1 Chest
Flat bench 4x8
Incline DB 3x8
Flyes 3x10

Day 2 Back
Deads 3x8
Chins 4x8
Rev grip pulldowns 3x8
DB Pullovers 2x8
Smith shrugs 2x20

Day 3 Legs
Squats 4x8
Extensions 3x8
Leg curls 3x8
Calves 3x12-15

Day 4 Shoulders
Behind neck press 4x8
Up Rows 3x8
Side laterals 3x8

Day 5 Arms
CG Bench 4x8
Pressdowns 3x10
Straight bar curls 3x8
Cable Curls (drop set)

5 days in a row can be tough to maintain over the course of time, it can slowly wear you down. It's also a little tough to make a decent split without having overlap. Example...biceps are still healing and it's now back day, and don't forget that triceps are heavily involved on chest day and shoulder day. If you really want to go with 5 days in a row then I would definitely take Saturday and Sunday off so that your nervous system gets a rest.

I would arrange the days like this instead....

Monday.......Back
Tuedsay......Chest
Wednesday..Legs
Thursday.....Shoulders
Friday.........Arms

This way your lower back has a little time to rest before you squat. You have questionable choices of shoulder exercises though. Behind the neck presses and upright rows can both be a rotator cuff grinder. If you have access to a leg press I would choose it over leg extensions. It seems a lot of people do better with SLDL over leg curls, but I personally prefer doing leg curls.

Top Bottom