Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low carb/refeed/ala/creatine combo opinions?

playazdub

This past summer i went on an intensive program to shape up, the first trully succesful venture of this kind in my life.
This is what I did:
ckd 10- 20 carbs (non refined) per day
Mostly chicken breast and steak for lunch and dinner.
1 day carb up consisting mainly of noodles and the occasional slice of pizza (idea was to keep fat low).
i cycled on anavar for almost 2 months and supplemented with creatine.
heavy lifting 3 days a week with 1/5 hour sessions of walking (yes i had much time on my hands this summer).

Like i siad it worked great, however this time around ive made a few changes. please, geniuses of this board, let me know what you think.
Same basic diet plan,this time however i have added in tuna steaks and other sea food on the regular.The omega 3s and dhea definetly seem to give greater mental clarity on this diet.

on the days when i am carbing up i will take (at the days close) a large dose of ALA (1 to 2 grams).The idea behind this is to push the carbs right back into the muscles.carb day will be follwed up with a day of intense lifting. lifting will occour 3 times a week and will be of a lesser intensity if not following a carb up day.

i will also be taking creatine and eventully(after about a month of this diet cycle ) some var for a month. when on the var and creatine i will increase lifting to 4-5 days a week.

I am doing this diet for the first week as we speak, I am in the carb up phase now.
I dont know why (?) but i have never felt this bloated in my life, even on previous carb ups.
anyone have any idea what causes the puffiness and why it might be greater one week and not the next.

Any suggestions to tighten my diet would be much appreciated.

Yes, the ALA will be a great addition to your diet/arsenal.

As for training in my opinion, on a CKD, I get better results training half the body on Monday, and the other half of the body on Tuesday with heavy weights. Then the usual depletion workout on Saturday followed by a 12-30 hour carb-up (varies depending on how long the ketonic phase lasts). If i train more than this, i get very fatigued. Also, if one exerts to much muscle damage before the time of the carb-up, then this will also negatively effect the carb-up as well. Therefore, the depletion workout for myself is just that...a muscle glycogen depleting process that inflicts as less muscle damage as possible. I may do between 3-5 days of cardio though...high intensity interval for 20-30 minutes each session. Sometimes I will do double cardio sessions on Mondays and tuesdays to help quicken my descent into ketosis. I also take ALA until i have reached ketosis, then at which point, i will switch over to magnesium and chromium.

I also keep my ratios at 75-85% fat/25-15% protein/and as few carbs as possible for the ketonic phase. And for the carb-up...well, that is a little more detailed, but usually around 9-16 grams of carbs/kg of LBM for the 1st 24 hours....10-20 grams of protein per meal, and as few fat calories as possible (on a shortened carb-up).

As for the added water retention...it may be due to something as simple as just eating too much carbs for your carb-up. However, if I read you right, you are only on a 1 day carb-up, so I wouldn't worry too much about a little added water weight that will more than likely be gone by Tuesday. Just fine tune it a little as you go, and in no time, you will have it back down.

All this is on the assumption that you ARE following a CKD diet.

Hahaha...this is the first CKD question I have answered in like a year...lol. I'm a little rusty....

BMJ

Top Bottom