Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Its a pitty to waste yolks..

Stryc-9 said:
Most supermarkets these days sell pasturized liquid egg whites. They're generally sold in cartons...look for them near the regular eggs.

Yup, these are what I use. Egg Beaters are quite expensive, but Safeway makes a generic version called "Best of the Egg." It's about $3.50 for a quart. It's easy to prepare and no waste.

Ok here is the full information on cooking eggs.
Cholesterol in your body is not a problem unless it becomes oxidized. The same is true of the cholesterol in eggs. When you break the yolk up as you do when you scramble eggs it exposes the yolk to oxygen in the air and when you cook it the heat causes the normal cholesterol in the yolk to become preoxidized before it even enters your body. That is why scrambling eggs is a bad idea if you eat lots of them. However if you cook your eggs in such a manner that the yolk does not get broken and exposed to air , IE Poached, Boiled, Fried ETC the cholesterol in the yolk will not get oxidized and therefore will not pose a problem.

So basically any cholesterol in your body cannot have a negative effect on you unless it becomes oxidized. People who eat a healthy diet produce natural cholesterol that is damn near IMPOSSIBLE to have become oxidized within your body. So we don't want to add a lot of preoxidized cholesterol like we do if we eat scrambled eggs and omelettes. SO if you like scrambled eggs maybe stick to your idea of eating more white and less yolk but if you can deal with poached or fried eggs then it won't be a problem.
I got this information from what I consider to be the healthy living bible. Protein Power Lifeplan by Drs Michael and Mary Eades. It is the best 9.95 I have ever spent.

Over-easy

I like to get 3 Jumbo eggs and cook them over easy. Cook some sliced Healthy Choice link sausage with that. Top it all off with Jalepeno's (I eat peppers with every meal, taste great and I drink a shit load of water). Damn, I'm getting hungry!

So, how about the over-easy style eggs? Break the yolk, but eat mainly only the white with a little yolk for flavor.

I think the main thing is not to break the yolk BEFORE you cook em. If you like your eggs a little runny and only break the yolk open after they are on your plate it is not a problem.

Top Bottom