Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Its a pitty to waste yolks..

T

TerraNoble

I usually have every day 4 white eggs ans 1 or 2 yolks.

I dont wanna go overboard and have more than 2 full eggs a day as USDA and AHA recommends 2 a day...One full egg has 215 mg cholesterol..

Anyway I am getting tired to waste four yolks every day and I am looking for a subsitute...2 full eggs a day would be my ratio for now on...

Any suggestions for a substitute?

Do you guys have eggs every day?

Most supermarkets these days sell pasturized liquid egg whites. They're generally sold in cartons...look for them near the regular eggs.

cholesterol

Its my understanding that dietary cholesterol actaully has little effect on your cholesterol levels..I gleaned most of this info from the book "natural hormonal enhancement"..anyhow,others too are realizing that the egg yolks have some good benefits too(aren't hormones made form cholesterol?)..I can't really collect the specfics off the top of my head..i read so much that i often just book into memory summaries of stuff I read..such as..eat all the eggs you want within reason..the yolks aren't bad..other stuff is much worse..etc,etc

The main thing about eating yokes is not to eat them scrambled. When you break the yokes and heat them up it creates tons of free radicals and other bad things. Eating either fried or boiled eggs is much better for you. As long as you are not scrambling them egg yokes are fine for you.

Dryloch said:
The main thing about eating yokes is not to eat them scrambled. When you break the yokes and heat them up it creates tons of free radicals and other bad things. Eating either fried or boiled eggs is much better for you. As long as you are not scrambling them egg yokes are fine for you.

this is quite interesting...where did you get this info from?

BUMP for the "free radicals and other bad things" :confused:

I know that cooking or exposure to air oxidizes the cholesterol in eggs but :confused:

Give me till 5PM EST and I will have the full documentation for why scrambling eggs is a bad idea. The main resource I had about that I gave to my mother when I went to visit last week. I will check on it and then I can give you the definitive information.

Top Bottom