Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is it better to take suppliments to save muscle

missyd143

hey is it necessary i can lose muscle if i do empty stomach cardio by walking fast (45-60min)and not taking in suppliments? can i lose fat and not muscle by just eating enought protein and efa's.like flax...do i need to take these suplliments like bcaa's to preserve muscle b4 a cardio session or it is not necessary and wont effect my progress with the leg muscles i have developed

if you have cardio for more than 45 min it could be a good idea to take BCAAs and/or L-Glutamine (both is better of course) to preserve your muscles

what about catabolism ?

riskybizz007,

do you think it is possible to

run 2 to 3 times / week
for 30 min to 1h20
at 130-150 (heart rate)
trying to increased your VO2max

and still gaining lean mass (working out on other days) ?

I think it may help minimize fat gains, I doubt you'll lose fat however. By minimizing fat gains and trying to acquire lean muscle mass it's possible, it's just a very slow process IMO. Calories have a lot to do w/ it. I try to run 1 or 2 times a week for 15-20min. usually after a workout using a modified HIIT method to help minimize fat gains during bulking. I find it does help a bit.

At HR 130 i doubt you will be able to keep your BMR elevated for a few hours, that's very low intensity. 150 IMO is the very least you should shoot for. And i'm sure you already know low intensity cardio is a bit worthless a couple hours after you're done, versus high intensity. I do a modified HIIT b/c i can't keep my HR above 150 for that long a period of time.

I think a modified HIIT is the way to go.

OK, thanks

I know it is not the best way to go to acheive a BBer goal.....
but I want to improve my heart (for a 5-15 miles running or mountain climbing)

I think running on an empty stomache is a good way to lose fat. Although you will lose a little muscle, it won't be a very bit noticeable difference.

If you want to improve your cardio status I'd go for what you were going to do initially. And do it for half an hour to 1 hour. Good luck bro

Top Bottom