Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I can't do deadlifts, squats, or military press...alternatives?

A buddy of mine has a slipped disk in his back, and this may not be the best advice but he goes ahead and does all the core lifts. Cleans, squats, deads, and bench. For any lift where there will be weight on his back he puts a belt on as tight as he can, says it doesn't bother him. The only time he really complained about the pain was when he would go running, pretty strange, but he does just fine, and gets bigger.

MetalDead said:
I know I'm two months late here but I'd like to thank you all for the advice. I sought a specialized sports orthopedist, and was told to try the exercises and if they bothered me to strengthen core (as someone here suggested as well) and try again later, but stop if my back bothered me. I followed this and am now back to doing squats and deads and military presses like before.
Cheers! :beer:

thats it bro, its all about having a strong core! i preach it and preach it! Look if someone with a degenerative disk can benefit from core work and still be able to deadlift/squat, imagine what it does for someone with a healthy back.

congrats man, that is awesome!!

Top Bottom