Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hi. i'm new :)

kerriheffel

not sure really where to start. i'm 23 years old, 5'8, 175 pounds, and the last time i checked by BF% it was mid to high 20's.

i'm looking to burn fat, and get super lean. i weighed appox. 187 the end of dec.

i try work out 3-5 days a week...40 minutes of lifting/circuit training (alternating body parts each day), and 40 minutes of cardio.

i would LOVE for someone to critique my daily diet...i try to keep my calorie intake between 1000-1300. (i've been told that my calorie intake is too low....) i use fitday.com to keep track.

breakfast (0800) myo-plex light, made with soy milk...(usually split this w/ my mum so i'm only getting half.)

snack (1100) apple

lunch (1400) salad w/ lean protein ( 3oz. tuna, turkey, or chicken), and light dressing.

dinner (1800) baked chicken breast (4 oz.), brown rice (.5 cup), and steamed veggies (1 cup)

sometimes i'll have a snack after dinner, but i feel guilty eating so close to bedtime.

Any thoughts or comments would be so appreciated. Thanks so much xx

I your looking to burn fat.. less lifting and more cardio.. Make sure if your lifting to use light wieghts with high reps or your muscle will grow making you look heavier. Increase your cardio. Infact if you really wanted to burn some major pounds do 45min to an hr of cardio in the morning before you eat. You will burn fat faster by doing so. And then 45 min of cardio at night, cutting out the wieghts.

not sure really where to start. i'm 23 years old, 5'8, 175 pounds, and the last time i checked by BF% it was mid to high 20's.

i'm looking to burn fat, and get super lean. i weighed appox. 187 the end of dec.

i try work out 3-5 days a week...40 minutes of lifting/circuit training (alternating body parts each day), and 40 minutes of cardio.

i would LOVE for someone to critique my daily diet...i try to keep my calorie intake between 1000-1300. (i've been told that my calorie intake is too low....) i use fitday.com to keep track.

breakfast (0800) myo-plex light, made with soy milk...(usually split this w/ my mum so i'm only getting half.)

snack (1100) apple

lunch (1400) salad w/ lean protein ( 3oz. tuna, turkey, or chicken), and light dressing.

dinner (1800) baked chicken breast (4 oz.), brown rice (.5 cup), and steamed veggies (1 cup)

sometimes i'll have a snack after dinner, but i feel guilty eating so close to bedtime.

Yeah those calories are a little low lol. I'm not an expert on diets for females but just wanted to welcome you to EF!

You have come to the right place. There are many knowledgeable females here to help you. For diet specifics, look for posts by thandie.

I just gifted you a 7 day platinum membership so you can use the search function on this board.

Good luck!

ok...i guess i'm confused by your post big sye. i carry a lot of muscle naturally, and i dont want to lose that muscle by not lifting. and i thought lifting burned a good amount of calories, and that more muscle mass you carry, the faster your metabolism, and more calories burned all around.

please explain if you can...THANK YOU :)

snack (1100) apple

Yes your cals are to low.. You do eat pretty healthy but you do need to eat more. I would take in more protein.

Also I would like to know exactly what you're work outs look like.

40 minutes of lifting/circuit training and
40 minutes of cardio

that is 120mins of working out.. If this is all high volume high set training combine that with the low cals and low amount of protein you are really killing yourself. You will end up loosing a lot of muscle and that is not good.

We really need to know a lot more about your training and yourself to help.

ok...i guess i'm confused by your post big sye. i carry a lot of muscle naturally, and i dont want to lose that muscle by not lifting. and i thought lifting burned a good amount of calories, and that more muscle mass you carry, the faster your metabolism, and more calories burned all around.

please explain if you can...THANK YOU :)

Sorry.. I mis-read your post wrong. Didn't know that you wanted to retian your muscle and grow.. Feeling a little retarded..hah hah. My explanation is.. I gave you bad advice for what you wanna do.. sorry about that.. I'll smack myself..

ok well to elaborate more on my work out:

my cardio usually is 40 minutes on the EFX machine, with a good amount of tension OR walking uphill @ like 4.0 w/ sprints @ 7.0 every so often on the treadmill.

approx. weight (lbs.) i'm lifting for each part:

bicep curls machine: 45-50

seated tricep machine: 35

seated shoulder press: 45-50

chest press: 75-80

seated leg press: 220

leg extensions: 60

hamstring curls: 60

i do 3 sets of 12...after the 3 set i'm def. feeling it.

those are just the basics. i do a lot more machines and use free weights. i do abs everyday i'm at the gym.

i hope this gives you guys a better idea of what i'm doing. THANKS!

Welcome girl! Read through a few of your posts - looking good. As everyone has said your cals are too low. How in the world do you have energy to last the day? LOL

Anyway, onebreath is right. Thandie has great diet advice and from what you posted you are getting there. A few things I know she will advise you on is eating more often, more food, and no carbs (or very little) for dinner and on. Right off your breakfast needs to be more substantial like egg whites and oatmeal or another clean carb source. For lunch you could simply add a little more protein and a carb like sweet potatoes. More chicken at dinner or any protein and no rice :) The shakes should be used as supplemental or pre-post workout. Try to get away from using those as a meal. You'll want to eat 4 or 5 of these meals a day.

Try to search for localgirls journal. Thandie guided her through some great advice as she was starting out. I'm sure she'll jump on your thread and help out too!

How many days are you working out? Are you doing full body routines? Your weight actually looks pretty good. And yes, you MUST lift. Get a little cardio in after lifting and heavier doses on days you don't lift.

Your on a good track. Glad to see you posting!

I Just stopped By To welcome you to Elite, we have alot of great members,plus a great mentor/mod team to assist you.

Again Welcome.
RADAR

Top Bottom