Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help me loose 20 lbs!!

Skudlord

Hi I'm Sadie - Skudlord's wife. I'm 5'3 135 lbs and would like to get down to 115 lbs. I posted on the women's board and got some advice on upping my workout schudule from 45 min 3x a week with light lifting to 5x a week and heavier weights. But I'm still looking for some help in the diet area. If I'm supposed to have 6 meals a day that seems like an awful lot of calories to take in for losing weight. What would be considered a "meal" maybe it's less than what I'm thinking. Also, I'm taking ephedrine/caffeine which seems to really supress my appetite. I'm taking it 3 weeks on/1 week off. I have a small frame and looked good at 110 lbs but since I've had my baby (6 months ago) I've put on so much weight that doesn't want to leave. I'd be happy at 115 or even 120 lbs. Please help!

Dear Wife,

When we talk about 6 meals a day, we are talking about small nutritional/high protein meals (for your weight they should be..ball park->210-250 cal per meal). In turn, if you weigh 135lb, you would x that by 11 to get your daily calorie needs. Now, 135 x 11=1485cal, but from my past experience when working with women it seems as though, in general, women need about a 300cal fluctuation. What I mean by that is 2 days a week you eat 1480cal (high protein, low carb, mod fat-only healthy fats like Flaxseed oil, grapeseed oil, MCT oil=energy for workout/or cardio)-then 2 day you would go 1280, then 1 day 1180, then 2 days 1380, then 2 days 1280...(you can have 1 cheat day after this whole program)
-> Now, in order to fluctuate your calories, you need to do the following: to up your calories-- eat more lean protein, like chicken breasts, turkey breasts, tuna, fish
Then, in order to down your calories: -- eat less carbs, for example if you eat 1 cup of oatmeal in the morning which is 300cal, well on your 1180 day - all you have to do is cut out the oatmeal for 1 day and whalllaaaa...
->add some protein instead of the oatmeal :eek:)
NOTE: you need to eat at lest, 100-120 g of lean protein a day
My 2 cents
[email protected]
Mr.X:cool:

With the addition of additional cardio and increased resistance training you are going to develop more lean muscle mass and thereby lose bf%. (Which is what you should be really concerned with) I've seen people who weigh 150lbs, but are 28% bf and compared them to someone who was 185 and 15%. Guess who looked better? :)

I'd agree with shooting for around 1500Kcal/day. Just take in the majority of your carbs in the morning and keep your diet clean. Protien and clean carbs. Good luck

Top Bottom