Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys, i'm so fucking aggravated that I can't see straight

the interruptions are beginning to drive me up the fucking wall.

This is the easiest thing to fix out of all.

You have to train those around you to not interrupt you or stop you in the middle of a task, unless the building is one fire.

The first thing to do is to STOP hitting the refresh button on your e-mail every 10 minutes, and instead only answer e-mails 2-3x times per day. Set an auto responder that lets people know what time you will look at the e-mails again.

Do the same with your voicemail.

A simple "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door goes a long way as well.

Cut out the chit-chat.

Refuse all meetings and conference calls.

!

This is the easiest thing to fix out of all.

You have to train those around you to not interrupt you or stop you in the middle of a task, unless the building is one fire.

The first thing to do is to STOP hitting the refresh button on your e-mail every 10 minutes, and instead only answer e-mails 2-3x times per day. Set an auto responder that lets people know what time you will look at the e-mails again.

Do the same with your voicemail.

A simple "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door goes a long way as well.

Cut out the chit-chat.

Refuse all meetings and conference calls.

!

Great advice...I know many people who include "this voicemail is checked at 9am, 12pm, and 4pm" or something similar in their voicemail message. It really does condition people to be more patient in waiting for your response after awhile.

You fucking let people walk all over you. What the fuck, dude. That pisses me off more than the douchebags you talk about. This loser, disgusting mooch of a coworker...how is it that you didn't put him in his place after the 2nd transgression? Don't motherfucking complain on the 'net about this crap. The people around you are cuntfucking morons, so it's okay to shut them down. Be nice, but do it. You let all of this happen. You aren't poor, you never needed this job to survive or support your family...so there's no good reason to put up with unreasonable shit. Tell that whore to do her job so you can do yours. Tell your boss that this isn't feasible. You can't work your ass off while everyone else put their dicks through donuts.

God.

Great advice...I know many people who include "this voicemail is checked at 9am, 12pm, and 4pm" or something similar in their voicemail message. It really does condition people to be more patient in waiting for your response after awhile.

Many people do not realize that: THERE ARE NO EMERGENCIES!

If it was really THAT urgent, it would be a Cop or ER Doctor making the call and NOT your coworker. it can wait. ALL OF IT CAN!

In my case... Some times when EF is down (server issues) I have one of our Mods call me to let me know (when i am sleep)... But NONE of the Mods call me out of the blue, they always schedule our calls. So when I get a call at 4AM from a Moderator in Asia, Europe, South America or Australia: I KNOW something is wrong and I need to get up and pick up the phone. Most times I end up finding the site is acting up and making my own call to wake up the server admin... This is one of only a couple of REAL emergencies in my work that will wake me up at any time. Since I have identified the true emergencies in my work, I can OWN them and rate them to be treated according to importance. The "site is down" is my one emergency where everybody and their mother gets a call, e-mail, call and another e-mail!
When EF is down, I am awake, calling, texting, Messaging and e-mailing everybody who works for the site!

Most other issues can wait till I read my e-mail at 8am for the 1st time (out of 3 times in the day that I check and respond to email).

I barely read PMs because the people who have important info to give me will schedule a call, people with important issues will e-mail me and most of the forum runs itself now with some minor overseeing by me. So PM have taken several steps back as far as importance... if any of you member have an issue with a Moderator NOT treating you fairly! the ombudsmen (Ortiz) will plead your case in your behalf. FYI- ortiz's PMs get looked at before all else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom