Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys, i'm so fucking aggravated that I can't see straight

Stilleto,

My career has some similarities to yours...

I gotta tell you, the list of stuff below sounds like tons of fun to me. Photoshop work, copy writing, media buying, power point, advertising, photo shoots! ! ! ! Wow can your job get any fucking cooler?

In my opinion, marketing is by far the funnest career on the planet. I love every minute of my day when I have a full list of things to do like what you listed below.

More responsibility on your shoulders, means you are carrying a huge part of your company's weight. This makes you a pillar, a base, a foundation, irreplaceable!. You ought to embrace the responsibility and learn to grow strong under its weight.

If your major complaint is being interrupted and asked to stop what you are doing during the day to do other things... There are several sure fire ways to keep this from happening ever again. You have to just set some rules for others to respect your time so that you can be more efficient at your work and get everything done that you need to get done (in less time than it takes other people)...

If you are interested in some tips, drop me a PM and I'll give you a list of things to start doing today and maybe a book recommendation or two.

ok, rather than phone people, i'll tell it here.

I'm always busy with work. always. I'm the only marketing person here, so i do all the coordinating, graphic design, copy writing, editing, designing, Public Relations work, organizing, etc. My boss lives in another state, so i'm also his "man in the field" as he puts it. I'm interrupted ALL day.
"I need a manual for something."
"Can you make a sign for the break room?"
"I need more letterhead/business cards/whatever"
"Can you make me a powerpoint presentation?"
"Can you take some photos, or hire a photographer?"
"Lets advertise in the publication."
"Can you write a press release/article/letter?"
etc. I'm just really fucking busy.

SO the CEO tells me and the president that from now on, the contents of one of our websites is mine. all my responsibility. To update our inventory, to change content, to re-work all the items to match up with others (we sell computers and accessories). This particular site nets around $100k a month or more. probably more actually. So there's a LOT of stuff to do on it, all the time. And he tells me that it's mine now, because he doesn't want our customer service/sales woman being able to use that as an excuse that she's not selling.

Ok.

So today, we have a conference call at 1pm. Her, me, and our boss. Nobody shows up for the call but me. I send them both an email... My boss never responded all day (i haven't heard from him all day except this morning so he could tell me to get moving on what i have to finish by tuesday, which is impossible). The sales woman responded...

"SORRY, I'M AT CHUCK-E-CHEESE WITH MY SON. I'LL CALL YOU WHEN I GET BACK, IN AN HOUR OR TWO."

WHAT THE FUCKLESTICKS??? I'm given more work so she can sell, and i'm already overwhelmed and working until 9pm every night, and you're at chuck-e-fucking- cheese??????????????

Stilleto,

My career has some similarities to yours...

I gotta tell you, the list of stuff below sounds like tons of fun to me. Photoshop work, copy writing, media buying, power point, advertising, photo shoots! ! ! ! Wow can your job get any fucking cooler?

In my opinion, marketing is by far the funnest career on the planet. I love every minute of my day when I have a full list of things to do like what you listed below.

More responsibility on your shoulders, means you are carrying a huge part of your company's weight. This makes you a pillar, a base, a foundation, irreplaceable!. You ought to embrace the responsibility and learn to grow strong under its weight.

If your major complaint is being interrupted and asked to stop what you are doing during the day to do other things... There are several sure fire ways to keep this from happening ever again. You have to just set some rules for others to respect your time so that you can be more efficient at your work and get everything done that you need to get done (in less time than it takes other people)...

If you are interested in some tips, drop me a PM and I'll give you a list of things to start doing today and maybe a book recommendation or two.

i'd love some.
and yes, my work IS fun. I love most of it- i love writing, designing, even big marketing decisions. I get to decide the focus of our ad campaigns, i get to be creative, i get to be in meetings with some pretty important people (head of buy.com, the marketing director for a major computer manufacturer, etc.) etc.
The problem is, I get up thinking about all i have to do. I work on my way to work (conference calls). I get to the office by 8:30 and don't leave until at least 6. I rarely take lunch and then after I get home, i do more work.
And now i'm given a responsibility that was shared between a few people, and will be bumped up shortly to something pretty big and important, and the person i'm taking it over for goes for a walk every day, works out on work time, stops working at 5, pics up her kids at school every day, and sits on her floor and stretches. (she works from home btw).

I, on the other hand, Have often gone an entire day without going to the bathroom because I don't have time.

So yeah, i love my job, but my boss is NEVER available to me and my coworker is at chuck-e-cheese???
we just laid off 12 people btw, because the division that SHE sells hasn't been selling. I wonder why????
ARGH. it's just frustrating as HELL and the interruptions are beginning to drive me up the fucking wall. some are work related, and some are my gross coworker asking for advice, etc.

GAH!!!!
yes, give me tips and books. thanks.

and yes, guys, I have a prescription for xanax. why? because I get very anxious sometimes. I'm always worried that i'm going to forget something because my memory sucks. I worry about my kids, i worry about the economy, i worry about my job, and sometimes I get overwhelmed with trying to do a good job and everything starts to aggravate me. I take a xanax (oval) and i feel better in 20 minutes.

i don't usually give them away, EVER, but i did today and then i regretting it. i'm never doing THAT again.

Top Bottom