Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys, i'm so fucking aggravated that I can't see straight

This is the easiest thing to fix out of all.

You have to train those around you to not interrupt you or stop you in the middle of a task, unless the building is one fire.

The first thing to do is to STOP hitting the refresh button on your e-mail every 10 minutes, and instead only answer e-mails 2-3x times per day. Set an auto responder that lets people know what time you will look at the e-mails again.

Do the same with your voicemail.

A simple "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door goes a long way as well.

Cut out the chit-chat.

Refuse all meetings and conference calls.

!

some of that, i can (and will) do. others, i can't change. i already don't answer my phone and I do shut my office door a lot.
thanks.

jackangel, i hear you. it was a rough way to put it, but you're right. i have been getting "less nice" and it doesn't always work in my favor, but when it does, it's great.

(i told my gross coworker not to come see me unless he's brushed his teeth in the morning, washed his hands, and NOT picked his nose. He laughed and i said, "i'm serious." He got offended, but i don't care.)

Great advice...I know many people who include "this voicemail is checked at 9am, 12pm, and 4pm" or something similar in their voicemail message. It really does condition people to be more patient in waiting for your response after awhile.

We don't have caller ID at work at work, and I've discovered that I rarely find myself glad that I answered the phone. If it's personal, my family calls my cell. all other calls are usually people that want something from me, and although that might be fine, it's going to fine on MY schedule, not theirs.

since my boss rarely calls me, it's not a problem. I do call him, but he never calls me back. :)

Top Bottom