Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Green vegetables.

obiwan9962 said:
my list of veggies i eat

spinach
baby spinach
chinese spinach
sprouts (alfalfa, bean, soy, onion, radish, broccoli, lentil, corn)
snow peas (yum)
sugar snap peas
green beans (but i love yellow and purple too)
bell peppers (love red yellow orange and purple also)
chilis.. jalapeno, serrano, thai, scotch bonnets
napa cabbage
green cabbage
kholrabi
broccolini
chinese broccoli
broccoli
broccoli rabe aka rapini (bitter as hell)
collard greens
mustard greens
kale
bok choy
baby bok choy
romaine
green leaf
tatsoi
mache
butter lettuce
cukes
asparagus (white is okay but fibrous and needs peeling too much work)
winter chinese melons (actually a squash)
chayote
zucchini (not my fav)
brussel sprouts
celery
green onions
leeks

guys gotta try grilled spinach or snow peas
damn fine

wrapping em in foil for bbq-ing is great
try it with a bit of tamari, garlic, ginger and sesame oil

for those that know me i am a chef and food is my profession and passion

i am also descendent from chinese and jamaicans so my food and what i eat is generally skewed that way

Hot Diggity Dawg!!! You're one vegetable eating mofo! Great input!

When I grill veggies, I use vegetable pans and olive oil. Yum Yum! It doesn't hurt to have a 100,000btu BBQ either.

thanx mang
but i prefer charcoal
better flavour
easter sunday i am bbq-ing up a duck stuffed with asparagus and shiitake mushrooms

obiwan9962 said:
thanx mang
but i prefer charcoal
better flavour
easter sunday i am bbq-ing up a duck stuffed with asparagus and shiitake mushrooms

Duck is one of my favorite foods! *sigh* I get it about once a month.

We're actually having a nice prime rib and rabbit marinated in a red wine sauce.

Don't look at me that way! How else are we gonna explain to the kiddlings why they didn't get an Easter basket??? ;)

I eat most of my greens raw. Olive oil and Balsamic vinegar rule!!!!

If I cook my greens it's
-spinach in an ommelete
-bell peppers ina an ommelete
-sauteed mushrooms
-grilled or steamed asparagus

strongsmartsexy said:
I'd eat broccoli, but it's a member of the cabage family and doesn't get along with my digestive tract at all!
hey bud if this is a problem try seasoning it with ginger or drinking ginger tea or real ginger beer whenever you have cruciferous veggies

dr. weil (8 steps to optimum health) suggest ginger taken on a daily basis to aid digestion probs
i personally love the stuff and it goes in mass amounts into my food
some people don't care for it so i suggest capsules from the health food stores or candied ginger (soft chunky ones are best)
in the orient and now many parts of europe ginger is used for stomach aches and motion sickness
check it out you may find a new friend
cheers

Obi -- I'm so glad you posted on this thread! You always have some great ideas. I'll be hitting you up big time when I go back to hitting the diet hard!!

SSS -- I have to admit that broccoli did the same thing to me once I first started eating it regularly. But it eventually faded (the reaction). I guess my system eventually got used to it!

jenscats5 said:
Obi -- I'm so glad you posted on this thread! You always have some great ideas. I'll be hitting you up big time when I go back to hitting the diet hard!!
no prob
think i will go start a thread about mushrooms
lol
some of these peeps are like mushrooms
sic

obiwan9962 said:
hey bud if this is a problem try seasoning it with ginger or drinking ginger tea or real ginger beer whenever you have cruciferous veggies

dr. weil (8 steps to optimum health) suggest ginger taken on a daily basis to aid digestion probs
i personally love the stuff and it goes in mass amounts into my food
some people don't care for it so i suggest capsules from the health food stores or candied ginger (soft chunky ones are best)
in the orient and now many parts of europe ginger is used for stomach aches and motion sickness
check it out you may find a new friend
cheers

I'm a big fan of ginger and have it scattered throughout my diet and even drink ginger tea. Not sure how that fixes the gas problems though. I even keep ginger ale around the house for just in case.

Top Bottom