Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Feedback on My Bulking Diet

Josh37 said:
Here is some quick info:

17yrs old
178lbs (goal is 190lbs)
14%bf

Can someone please tell me how (if at all) my current diet needs to be changed. Thanks alot:

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Josh37

First off your burning more cals than your taking in. Is this due to your lifestyle or are you doing cardio to get to this calculation? 2900 cals may be too low, i might increase that to 3000 cals to start. For me to adequately help you, split up your diet into meals so i can get a better idea of the macro breakdown in each meal. At a glance i can tell several things you should change. You dont need 92g of protein in one meal. Your body want be able to use it for muscle building, the excess will either be used for energy(not good) or be stored as fat(even worse). In each meal shoot for 30-50g protein. You have good food sources but your counting every macro in each source to get your total. For example Toast- 37g carbs(thats good), but it has 13g of protein, which is incomplete protein that does nothing for muscle building so it is essential wasted. To get a better accurate count of protein only count from meat, protein powder, dairy, nuts, all others are incomplete.
I would also recommend eating chicken, hamburger meat, turkey, steak. Protein is essential in gaining weight, and you have a total in complete protein of around 190g. That may be enough since you weigh 178, but for calorie sake i would be eating b/w 230-250 of complete protein. Carbs are just as important in the process. Your sources are good( wheat cereal, brown rice, oatmeal), milk isnt ideal carb sourse as the sugars are lactose which isnt good, but in bulking it would be ok. Like i said earlier its very hard to give advice as im not working w/ a set meal by meal diet, with that in mind if your eating 6 meals a/day which is what is recommended eat carbs in 5 or 6 of those meals, which means with the sources i listed above(rice, oats, cereal) have another serving of each in other meals or you can add baked potatoes or yams. So really your not getting the amount of complex carbs that you need, 300g of carbs is good but alot of that is coming from simple sugars. I would shoot for 300g of complex carbs on top of the other carbs(simple-which are in milk, apple, pb). You also have good fat sources, this is very important to keep your test levels up.
Another aspect and the most important as far as dietary approach to muscle building is your pwo(post workout shake). You dont have one. Immediately implement this into your diet. After your last rep of your w/o drink a protein shake consisting of 40-50g whey protein/80-100g dextrose, mix this with 8 oz of water and drink up. The importance of this is that whey is the fastest digestive protein supplement and dextrose is the fastest digestive simple sugar, which is needed to spike insulin levels and to shuttle nutrients to your broken down muscle fibers.

Sorry for the confusion, heres what I typically eat meal by meal

Breakfast

1 Cup Oatmeal
1 Apple
2 Scoops Protein Powder

Meal 2

1/4 Cup Mixed Nuts
2 Cups Skim Milk

Lunch

1/2 Cup Whole Grain Rice
1 Can Tuna
1 Apple
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
3 Fish Oil Caps

Meal 3

2 Pieces Wheat Bread
4oz Turkey
3 Fish Oil Capsules

PWO

3/4 Cup Oats
1.5 Scoops Protein

Meal 4

1.25 Cup Oats
1 Apple
1.5 Scoop Protein
2-3 Pieces Bread
6 Tablespoons All Natural PB

Meal 5

2 Eggs or Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Rice or Whole Wheat Pasta
1 Cup Veggies
1 Apple
1 Cup Skim Milk

Josh37 said:
Sorry for the confusion, heres what I typically eat meal by meal

Breakfast

1 Cup Oatmeal
1 Apple
2 Scoops Protein Powder

Meal 2

1/4 Cup Mixed Nuts
2 Cups Skim Milk

Lunch

1/2 Cup Whole Grain Rice
1 Can Tuna
1 Apple
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
3 Fish Oil Caps

Meal 3

2 Pieces Wheat Bread
4oz Turkey
3 Fish Oil Capsules

PWO

3/4 Cup Oats
1.5 Scoops Protein

Meal 4

1.25 Cup Oats
1 Apple
1.5 Scoop Protein
2-3 Pieces Bread
6 Tablespoons All Natural PB

Meal 5

2 Eggs or Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Rice or Whole Wheat Pasta
1 Cup Veggies
1 Apple
1 Cup Skim Milk

The only area that i would recommend changing is your pwo. Simple carbs is needed to spike insulin levels. Oatmeal want accomplish this.

I was thinking about using sugars PWO, but someone said due to the fact Im an enomorph that I should just stick with oats.

Josh37 said:
I was thinking about using sugars PWO, but someone said due to the fact Im an enomorph that I should just stick with oats.

Endomorph? Your 14% bf, which isnt bad, and your wanting to gain about 12lbs, your going to want to take advantage of the insulin spike that dextrose provides you. Forget the oats, you can worry about that when you decide to cut, besides the dextrose will be used for transportation of nutrients and restoring muscle glycogen, it will not be stored as fat.

6_pak said:
Endomorph? Your 14% bf, which isnt bad, and your wanting to gain about 12lbs, your going to want to take advantage of the insulin spike that dextrose provides you. Forget the oats, you can worry about that when you decide to cut, besides the dextrose will be used for transportation of nutrients and restoring muscle glycogen, it will not be stored as fat.

How much should dextrose/gatorde powder should I use?

Josh37 said:
How much should dextrose/gatorde powder should I use?

Why do you use gatorade? if you have dextrose, just add water...

(better yet if you can find some maltodextrin, it will be better and less sweet)

Pintoca

Top Bottom