Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Biceps on Male olympic gymnists are HUGE

i saw some photos of the female german team posing for the german playboy.... but this thread is about male biceps so no point linking it

It's amazing though that the guys are incredibly short, but none of them have dwarfish proportions and look good on camera.

Same with Alicia Sacromone - only 5'1 (tall for a female gymnast though). Yeah, sorry to bring her up again, but there not showing female tennis in Australia, so with no Sharapova, Ivanoovic or other Russian/eastern block tennis player, Alicia is the olympics most attractive woman! Beats the swimmers anyway

When I was in high school I used to date a girl who was a gymnast but had to give up because she got too feminine (grew big boobs and ass)
She was 4'11" and weighed like 110 but could do leg extensions with almost as much weight as I could and I was a beast on that thing. Was unbelievable to see a little girl out-lifting big tough guys twice her size!

musketeer said:
When I was in high school I used to date a girl who was a gymnast but had to give up because she got too feminine (grew big boobs and ass)
She was 4'11" and weighed like 110 but could do leg extensions with almost as much weight as I could and I was a beast on that thing. Was unbelievable to see a little girl out-lifting big tough guys twice her size!

Yeah, and what about the winner of the under 48kg division for the women in power lifting - a clean and jerk of 117kg is not bad!

The Chinese success in the weight lifting, diving and gymnastics has meant that I wished I was abducted from my parents and put in a sports concentration camp lol

My (current) has visited China plenty with her job. Those camps are miserable! All Army run and failure is not tolerated - kids that can't keep up get dropped instantly and face a life of dishwashing. Most of the kids have a very limited life span as athletes and soon develop injuries and deformities due to the intensity and volume of the training.

Anyhow back to BICEPS, and I'm watching today's high bar right now and the forces on the biceps must be incredible. Like I said earlier, the bicep is what keeps integrity of the elbow joint when forces attempt to pull the ulnar and radius from the humerus. When the swing hard to attain rotational acceleration for a big depart from the bar or when they catch the bar after one the biceps takes forces comparable to three times bodyweight as a static muscle action.

musketeer said:
Pure physics, classical mechanics, to be precise. Imagine how tough it would be to do a lateral raise if your arms were 3 inches longer (a lot!), now if you multiply that through every joint in the body, a 6'2" gymnast would have to fight against double the force across some joints when completing his routine in comparison to a 5"2' guy with the same proportions. Not saying some tall guys can't do it, but this is the olympics, so everybody has the ideal body, all the swimmers are tall, all of the high jumpers are ectomorphs, etc.

Yep, I'll bet the Chinese will be genetically engineering their olympic athletes in the near future.

Elementality said:
Yep, I'll bet the Chinese will be genetically engineering their olympic athletes in the near future.

We're the ones who need to! China have got a fifth of the world to choose from - they will already have the best genetic athletes - all they have to do is find them! (with western diets they're not all small anymore!)

Anyhow the Chinese won Gold in the men's artistic gymnastics yesterday, his biceps were'nt the biggest...

Top Bottom