Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any suggestions for a hardgainer?

Irish BoneZ

Does anyone have an suggestions for a 100% pure hardgainer? I prefer not to bulk, since when doing so I just get fat and pack on very little muscle. I have been on a 33% fat 33% protein 33% carb diet, with 300-500 calories above maintance, which has worked good for me thus far. I alternate between two lifting schedules. I will do one for two weeks then do the other for two weeks and so on. I train three days a week (Mon: Arms, Shoulders--Weds: Legs, Lower Back--Fri: Chest, Upperback) while a 30 minute jog plus some pushups and pullups on Tues and Thurs. My sets are usually 3 of 8, while working the last rep of the last set to failure. The only supplements I take are 5g of creatine and glutamine after workout plus, of course, multivitamins in the morning. Currently I weigh 160lbs at 6.4' with around 10bf. My goal is to reach 180lbs and then I will train solely for strength. I've heard of a one week arm cure which supposed to get you up to two inches in your arms, anyone have any information on this? Any other information on what I could do would be great, thanks!

Btw--I've used search, but I want to see if I can get any personal responses.

hate to tell ya, but you really should bulk first by eating high protein and semi-high GOOD carbs like oatmeal,rice,potato-then you can cut the fat and keep the muscle

I did that, I went from 160 to 180 and then went on a CKD type diet. By the time I was done I had only gained 4-5lbs of lbm plus I gave rights to everyone being able to call me fatty for the rest of my life. To make things worst doing this costed me alot of money. I am thinking about going on a hardcore bulking diet for maybe three months, perhaps I was just being too generous with what I ate before, causing me to gain alot of bf (My entire family is overweight, except for me, so theres always tons of goodies in the house :D). On my last bulking diet I had good gains for the first two weeks, after that it was like I hit a wall with zero in terms of lbs gains. I dunno, I don't think bulking is for me?

Btw, I've been training for 3 years with weights, 5 years if you include free range (running, pullups, pushups, punching bags, etc), and have had many trainers make sure I am doing all my workouts correctly. I am by far not a newbie, simply a hardgainer.

Hardgainer!

Dude, do yourself a favor and buy Mike Mentzer's book (MIND and Body). Read it a few times and give it a serious try for 2 months. I am 5'9 212 and was stuck on 199 for the longest time with little results and I thought I was a hard gainer! I went up 13lbs in 2 1/2 months with little bodyfat change!
Workouts are very demanding and u wont be wasting your time.
You protien is very important and must be taken at certian times throught the day. Invest in some MET-RX.
Just some advice man!

Top Bottom