Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I being an ass w/ my wife?

abolish the weak

wife and I get into a blowout fight earlier. It started because she was bitching about the dishes I left in the sink. I work a job that requires me to be gone 2-3 days out of the week, and on the side I am trying to build up a small business. She works 15-20 hrs/wk at some half ass job as an assistant to some realtor, obviously isn't that busy since she calls me about 3x within the 3-4 hrs she has to work each morning. Well, I've tried to make it clear several times that if she is content with making jack shit and being home all the time then I don't give a fuck if the mess is mine or not, she cleans it. I run on empty a lot, often sleep deprived. I try to take care of the financial end of things, I dont give a fuck if all the dishes are mine, she's doing em!! And when she wants to go get a real f/t job maybe I'll start doing more. Am I wrong guys?

i dont think i agree with you man, its not the 60's anymore women dont put up with that shit anymore, u gots to do the dishes to get the poonany, do you have any kids she takes care of when u r gone

Last edited:
Ummmm well did she agree to this agreement? You bring the bacon and she cleans the mess? If she did then nothing wrong with what you did, however, if your assuming that because you make the money she should do the house work your being an ass....

Also, if this is the agreement then you cant continuously bring up the fact that you make the money....she probably views what she does as a wife and a mother, if thats the case, with a part time job as important as what you do.

Wow. The level of disrespect to your wife and her feelings is off the charts. No matter what her job is, you don't talk to your wife like she is worthless like that. This is about way more than dishes. You don't respect your wife.

Was the dishwasher full?

If no, then you are being a prick.

Don't leave dirty dishes in the sink.

Who is going to do them when she leaves your mouthy ass?

yes, you are wrong.

PS...it is just as easy to put the damn dish in the dishwasher as it is to set it in the sink, you lazy bastard. lol.

abolish the weak said:
wife and I get into a blowout fight earlier. It started because she was bitching about the dishes I left in the sink. I work a job that requires me to be gone 2-3 days out of the week, and on the side I am trying to build up a small business. She works 15-20 hrs/wk at some half ass job as an assistant to some realtor, obviously isn't that busy since she calls me about 3x within the 3-4 hrs she has to work each morning. Well, I've tried to make it clear several times that if she is content with making jack shit and being home all the time then I don't give a fuck if the mess is mine or not, she cleans it. I run on empty a lot, often sleep deprived. I try to take care of the financial end of things, I dont give a fuck if all the dishes are mine, she's doing em!! And when she wants to go get a real f/t job maybe I'll start doing more. Am I wrong guys?

Kick her to the curb.

No seriously there should be an equal distribution of work. If you work 60 hours a week and wife works 15 to 20 she sure as hell should do the damn dishes

well, the way my wife and I agreed to is that certain chores are hers and certain ones are mine. We split them half and half. But, since I really hate to see dishes in the sink, and she would wait until the sink was half full before putting them in the dishwasher , I made a pact with her that as soon as you finish using your cup, plate, whatever, just rinse it off and immediately put it in the dishwasher. And whoever starts the dishwasher, the other puts the dishes up, but about 90% of the time, she'll hear me putting dishes up and she'll come out and help out.

Now, your attitude towards your wife is crap and if you keep thinking this way and treating her this way..not only will you be putting up dishes, but it'll be by yourself. Marriage is a two way street, and yes, I do agree that maybe she could help out more since she is only working part time, but you gotta talk to her not order her around like it was the 60's..

Top Bottom