Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1 week into hst and I might call it quits...

psychedout

This type of training is just so damn boring.

Before I used to have tonnes of fun working out -- I was hitting everything every 5 days or so before, and I might go back to it.

Many say HST will provide gains is mass moreso than any other routine -- true or not it means nothing to me if i'm not having fun in the gym.

InTraining said:
I guess you are in the 15's and the light weight coupled with the slow negatives bores you?

Yeah, i'm in the 15's and the slow negatives. But everything just seems boring.

Call me naive (which I may be) but I have to have fun when I train -- and this is anything but fun.

psychedout said:
Yeah, i'm in the 15's and the slow negatives. But everything just seems boring.

Call me naive (which I may be) but I have to have fun when I train -- and this is anything but fun.

I know what you mean...I was talking with someone else about it and they said similar things...like you are just fighting against the burn rather than powering against the weight...

Bingo! You got it right on the head. And its not like I care about burn or pain, thats what the gym is about, but damn, so annoying.

how long is a typical hst cycle? I dont know much about it but im sure you can get a ton of growth on another routine!! But having said that since youve made an attempt to try this out i would really try to stick it out and see your results..

i know people say its not right blah blah but im going by feel and making gains, hitting everything 2x a week, light or heavy, low reps, or high reps depending on how i feel that day. i still track everything and make sure im progressing, but i hate being stuck in a routine.

IMO if you aren't having fun, change the routine. not point in doing something in the gym that bores you, it could end up making you hate the gym. that wouldn't be good at all...

Stick with it at least until you finish the 10's. If you're still bored by then, dump it. There's no point to working out if you're not finding it psychologically fulfilling; that's what leads to people taking very long layoffs.

HST is the best program for growth, but doesn't have a lot of "feel-appeal" and might bore guys who like to be very aggressive in the gym and enjoy frequently setting PR's.

Great thread! I agree! Personally I need to be motivated each and every training session for it to be the most effective. I go by feel alot. My training can be very instinctual. By looking in my journal you can see that the order of my exercises is never predetermined for the most part. My flat benching day and incline day are the only exceptions, but even on these days, once I finish the heavy compound movement anything goes. Main thing that matters to me is getting the work done. I can force myself to tear it up, even when I feel like shit, but I look for ways to keep the routine motivational. I used to love deadlifts, and would do them most of the day on my back days. Now that Ive torn myself up on these, Im getting pumped up about upper back work for the moment. Not as exciting, but I still get into it. Ive hit records even when I was dragging my ass, but eventually this burns me out mentally. Though I always get through it and keep KILLING that shit! Looking back, my training is alot more fun now with all the variety. I got great results off of boring 12-15 rep sets though. But now I incorporate the full spectrum of rep ranges, and concentrate on the exercises I feel most and can move a good amount of weight on. I still have plenty of those days though, but thats just part of lifting.

Top Bottom