Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

zero grease and oil diets any good at all?

mattefx

I'm planning to start a diet with zero animal fat, and cooking without oil to lower my cholesterol and lose weight.
for example boiled eggs, steam veggies, steam cook steak, chicken and lean pork, also lots of veggie soups, basically zero fat, grease, oil and butter.
My only question is if this absence of fat could lead you to a any hormone problems or a catabolic state? thank you.

Some fat is needed for normal hormone production and cell membrane integrity. They are called essential fatty acids for a reason. Some fat is needed, but not a lot is needed. If you are eating around 50g of fat per day - that's plenty.

Even though you aren't adding any direct sources of fat to your diet like cooking oil, butter etc, remember that the foods you eat will still naturally contain some dietary fat. Each egg for example will have 5g of fat. A 8oz portion of lean steak will contain around 10g of fat etc.

I would supplement with 6-10g of fat per day. That plus the amount of fat naturally occurring in your diet will be enough fat to maintain proper hormone production.

I would roll with that for sure

i actually read something about people not feeling well when eating restaurant food and the link is actually vegetable oils that are used to make the food taste better and be less dry

good fats like fatty fish and nuts are essential though in your diet. so yes get rid of the greasy and oily food, but stick with the good fats

If you just stick to the good fats you will reduce your cholesterol and feel so much better. Go with things like fish, eggs, and avocados.

If you are planning to cut out the fats entirely from your diet, what you will need is a fish oil supplement. Otherwise you are just asking for some disbalances in your body caused due to fat nutrient deficiency.

Usually I would say include some coconut oil in your cooking. Maybe a handful of nuts with a meal.

Top Bottom