Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need a god damn good chicken breast marinade!

tempest2003

i like my chicken tender and moist, i hate it when chicken is dry! i need a good tasting marinade to marinate my chicken breasts with that will add a lot of flavor to it and a cooking method to keep it tender and moist if possible, thanks in advance!
-temp

Here's a tip to keep your chicken moist when you cook it:

Before you cook it, soak the chicken breast in saltwater for about 15 - 20 minutes. When you cook the chicken it will come out moist everytime, unless you severely overcook it.

italian dressing
or any favourite vinaigrette
lots of of your favourite herbs
Dijon or grainy mustard and alittle olive oil and garlic of course
depends on flavour profile you are looking for
i my fav is thai dressing

I season mine with season salt and pepper, I put in a Zip-Lock bag with about 2 tables spoons of Olive Oil. But you have to let it marinate in the Fridge overnight or at least 4 hours.

Allow me to field this one. Having spent many many hours pondering over how to keep things moist i noticed that when i tickled my girlfriend in bed she became and remained moist. This intrigued me and i wondered if the same technique could be applied to chicken. And in short, it can! It is a well known technique that massaging chicken in a marinade helps it retain the flavour aswell as the moisture. This inspired a cult of chicken massagers in the late 1940's who were shunned from their culinery circles for their 'outside the box' thinking. However, their legend lives on and is present today. So in all seriousness heres a recipe that ive stuck to for years and stumbled across serendipitously when chucking everythings from my leftovers into a chicken marinade:

Put however much chicken u want into a container, preferably tupperware
Pour in enough extra virgin olive oil till the breasts are well submerged
Grind in a thin covering of sea salt and pepper
Next is the flavour base, i like bbq so ill give mine as an example but just change these for different sauces
Pour in enough bbq sauce to cover 1/2 of the chicken
Sprinkle cajun seasoning so u have a fine cover over everything
Add fresh basil leaves or a basil paste to give that herbiness
Add lemon juice, as much as you like
Add a chilli or chilli paste if required
Pour in a very healthy amount of worcestershire sauce, unorthodox i know, but somehow unknown to the world's leading scientists worcestershire sauce quintuples the flavour of chicken. When u think you've added enough, add a bit more. Being the secret ingredient i ask you kindly not to let the public know, for their safety, and obviously keep it out of reach for the prying hands of children.
Finally, for a good 5mins mix the marinade together with the chicken, with your hands, until the sauce becomes one colour. The best way is to almost kneed the chicken and really massage the flavour in, believe me, it'll be worth it. Make sure your hands are cut free coz i often get chilli in open wounds and its not pleasant.
At this point you will almost certainly need to fetch a towel so that you can wipe the druel away from your mouth. Then, compose yourself.......and continue
After its thoroughly mixed, make sure all the chicken is submerged, seal the container and put it in the fridge overnight. It keeps for a few days like this so dont worry.
Although the recipe is perfect, i encourage improvisation, mainly because it will make you feel like your a chef doing a special trick that only you know about. Its a nice feeling.

Now come the main part, having all this is good but its really about the cooking. Unfortunatley to get the moisture you want, you will have to keep a close eye on the chicken while its cooking. The trick is to almost undercook the chicken, when you cook you evaporate off the water so the less time you cook for the more water remains. Obviously i dont know what your grill is like but its essential that you grill the chicken. Also, mine doesnt have a temperature coz its gas but i cook at 75% power:

Grill the chicken for 6mins under the grill about 5inches away from it at 75% power.
Check the chicken after 6mins, if its cooked on top turn it over and grill for another 6mins
After this, cut the breast open and have a gander at whether the middle is cooked, if it isnt then cook for further 1min intervalks turning each time. it may be time consuming but its worth it.
If however in the likely event that the chicken is cooked.......... BON APPETITE!!

Yoshidas Gourmet Sauce!!!!!!! Marinate for 20-30 minutes and grill. Everyone that has tried it when we barbeque raves about it.

I found a caribeian (sp) jerk marinade that I use that is great. I think it is made by Dean's.

Scotch Egg said:
Allow me to field this one. Having spent many many hours pondering over how to keep things moist i noticed that when i tickled my girlfriend in bed she became and remained moist. This intrigued me and i wondered if the same technique could be applied to chicken. And in short, it can! It is a well known technique that massaging chicken in a marinade helps it retain the flavour aswell as the moisture. This inspired a cult of chicken massagers in the late 1940's who were shunned from their culinery circles for their 'outside the box' thinking. However, their legend lives on and is present today. So in all seriousness heres a recipe that ive stuck to for years and stumbled across serendipitously when chucking everythings from my leftovers into a chicken marinade:

Put however much chicken u want into a container, preferably tupperware
Pour in enough extra virgin olive oil till the breasts are well submerged
Grind in a thin covering of sea salt and pepper
Next is the flavour base, i like bbq so ill give mine as an example but just change these for different sauces
Pour in enough bbq sauce to cover 1/2 of the chicken
Sprinkle cajun seasoning so u have a fine cover over everything
Add fresh basil leaves or a basil paste to give that herbiness
Add lemon juice, as much as you like
Add a chilli or chilli paste if required
Pour in a very healthy amount of worcestershire sauce, unorthodox i know, but somehow unknown to the world's leading scientists worcestershire sauce quintuples the flavour of chicken. When u think you've added enough, add a bit more. Being the secret ingredient i ask you kindly not to let the public know, for their safety, and obviously keep it out of reach for the prying hands of children.
Finally, for a good 5mins mix the marinade together with the chicken, with your hands, until the sauce becomes one colour. The best way is to almost kneed the chicken and really massage the flavour in, believe me, it'll be worth it. Make sure your hands are cut free coz i often get chilli in open wounds and its not pleasant.
At this point you will almost certainly need to fetch a towel so that you can wipe the druel away from your mouth. Then, compose yourself.......and continue
After its thoroughly mixed, make sure all the chicken is submerged, seal the container and put it in the fridge overnight. It keeps for a few days like this so dont worry.
Although the recipe is perfect, i encourage improvisation, mainly because it will make you feel like your a chef doing a special trick that only you know about. Its a nice feeling.

Now come the main part, having all this is good but its really about the cooking. Unfortunatley to get the moisture you want, you will have to keep a close eye on the chicken while its cooking. The trick is to almost undercook the chicken, when you cook you evaporate off the water so the less time you cook for the more water remains. Obviously i dont know what your grill is like but its essential that you grill the chicken. Also, mine doesnt have a temperature coz its gas but i cook at 75% power:

Grill the chicken for 6mins under the grill about 5inches away from it at 75% power.
Check the chicken after 6mins, if its cooked on top turn it over and grill for another 6mins
After this, cut the breast open and have a gander at whether the middle is cooked, if it isnt then cook for further 1min intervalks turning each time. it may be time consuming but its worth it.
If however in the likely event that the chicken is cooked.......... BON APPETITE!!

Damn bro. Now I want to go massage my chicken :p :p .

Top Bottom