Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need a god damn good chicken breast marinade!

The amount of time a marinade is on is pretty insignificant. Most studies show that marinade penitration that does not use a curing/resaturation technique does not measureably increase in penetration (in mm) from one hour to 48 hours.

So dont worry to much about time, worry about: vehicle and 'stickyness'. The better your flavors adhere to the surface of the meat while cooking and after determine how much of your marinade flavor remains with the item.

Try it out, and check out a lesson from my Indian dream woman: use plain yogurt instead of oils to carry your flavors onto the meat. Crazy fantastic. Works with everything from roast garlic and ground fresh sage to galangal and lemongrass. You can use a wee bit of the yogurt to just get your flavors to stick, or really slather it on for a more pronounced effect. I have a half dozen or so yogurt 'marinades' in my fridge at any given time, and rarely grill without it.

Try out a serious amount of porcini/cepe powder in a yogurt base. Let that sit overnight just to rehydrate the powder and volumize the flavors, then put it on beef: grill away. Works with searing a filet like a charm as well. You WILL freak at how amazing it tastes.

ChefWide said:
The amount of time a marinade is on is pretty insignificant. Most studies show that marinade penitration that does not use a curing/resaturation technique does not measureably increase in penetration (in mm) from one hour to 48 hours.

So dont worry to much about time, worry about: vehicle and 'stickyness'. The better your flavors adhere to the surface of the meat while cooking and after determine how much of your marinade flavor remains with the item.

Try it out, and check out a lesson from my Indian dream woman: use plain yogurt instead of oils to carry your flavors onto the meat. Crazy fantastic. Works with everything from roast garlic and ground fresh sage to galangal and lemongrass. You can use a wee bit of the yogurt to just get your flavors to stick, or really slather it on for a more pronounced effect. I have a half dozen or so yogurt 'marinades' in my fridge at any given time, and rarely grill without it.

Try out a serious amount of porcini/cepe powder in a yogurt base. Let that sit overnight just to rehydrate the powder and volumize the flavors, then put it on beef: grill away. Works with searing a filet like a charm as well. You WILL freak at how amazing it tastes.
coconut milk works the same way

obiwan9962 said:
coconut milk works the same way

Excellent point, coconut milk works great too. I am less inclined to use it with european flavours as much as I would love it with asian/southasian stuffs.

Padma Laksmee???? loved watching her cook on the Cooking Channel at 11am...now can't find her on the channel at all.

Uh, who? sorry mon, I haven't seen much in the way of American T.V. in nigh on eight years... Is she a tube cook of some sort?

Top Bottom