Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Luscious Lolas Log

lusciouslola

Hi everyone. After months of lurking on this message board and debating on whether to post a log or not post a log, I decided to bite the bullet and jump into it.

I am currently getting back on the fitness bandwagon in full force and am in need of some of your wonderful advice for nutrition and fitness. So here a a summary of my current stats:

180lbs, 5'5, and I don't know my body fat yet (should discover this by next week).
My goals are to increase muscle mass and drop down to about 130-140

My new training schedule is currently developing. I just joined a gym and will be getting a strength training program next week. However at the moment I have been focused on cardio with a 60min spinning class 2 times per week, 30min of running 1 day a week and a 60min core training 1 day per week.

In terms of meal plan this is where I need the most help. Infact I plugged what I was eating into FitDay.com and found out I eat between 800-1100 calories per day!! I think I need to increase my food intake but I am not too sure how to do this in a healthy way without gaining any weight. I would appreciate it if someone can provide me some advice.

I tried to increase my caloric intake today to 1300 calories but it was hard becuase I was SOOOO full. My meals today consisted of:

Breakfast:
Egg White Omelete with a stick of mozzarella cheese
coffee with milk

Lunch

Tuna Sandwhich with raw veggies

Dinner
Shrimp
Tomato and Cucumber salad with feta cheese and greek dressing
Pita Bread

Snack
Yogurt and Low Fat Granola

I would appreciate it if you can give me any advice!

lusciouslola said:
Hi everyone. After months of lurking on this message board and debating on whether to post a log or not post a log, I decided to bite the bullet and jump into it.

I am currently getting back on the fitness bandwagon in full force and am in need of some of your wonderful advice for nutrition and fitness. So here a a summary of my current stats:

180lbs, 5'5, and I don't know my body fat yet (should discover this by next week).
My goals are to increase muscle mass and drop down to about 130-140

My new training schedule is currently developing. I just joined a gym and will be getting a strength training program next week. However at the moment I have been focused on cardio with a 60min spinning class 2 times per week, 30min of running 1 day a week and a 60min core training 1 day per week.

In terms of meal plan this is where I need the most help. Infact I plugged what I was eating into FitDay.com and found out I eat between 800-1100 calories per day!! I think I need to increase my food intake but I am not too sure how to do this in a healthy way without gaining any weight. I would appreciate it if someone can provide me some advice.

I tried to increase my caloric intake today to 1300 calories but it was hard becuase I was SOOOO full. My meals today consisted of:

Breakfast:
Egg White Omelete with a stick of mozzarella cheese
coffee with milk

Lunch

Tuna Sandwhich with raw veggies

Dinner
Shrimp
Tomato and Cucumber salad with feta cheese and greek dressing
Pita Bread

Snack
Yogurt and Low Fat Granola

I would appreciate it if you can give me any advice!
Welcome to EF & happy logging!!

Your caloric intake should be 10-12 times your body weight so at 180 lbs you should be consuming at least 1800 - 2160 calories per day. If you aren't eating enough your body keeps everything you put in it because it thinks it won't get anything else.

At 10-12x body weight you are still in a caloric deficit and will loose weight but you'll be giving your body what it needs in terms of calories. That way it doesn't think it's starving.

Make sure you are getting enough protein!

The stickies at the top of the forum are jam-packed with diet tips & I still go there are review stuff because getting the diet nailed down is the hardest part for me.

Good luck with your goals - you can do it!!!

Glad to see you logging!! When you get your workout nailed down, let us know what you'll be doing in terms of exercise and the time of day......

Also glad to see you set up Fitday - it's a very useful tool.......Now for bodyfat loss, while incorporating exercise, you need to make sure you are feeding your body enough calories to lose weight but not to make your body think it's starving.....By not feeding your body enough, your bod will hold onto fat.....What you want to do is add some lean muscle to your frame which is more dense than fat, takes up less space & burns more cals than fat does....

Quite a few ladies here have logs going....me, SBT, Roony, etc -- check them out to get ideas for what to eat & good luck!!

WELCOME!!!

There is a list in one of the stickies of clean foods. That would be a wonderful place to start. I was stuck on the low-carb band wagon and was told to start a 40-30-30
Protein-Carbs-Fat.
An easy way to start upping your calories would be to add things like cottage cheese, almonds, flax seed oil on your salads (I add it to my cottage cheese as well) Maybe add one whole egg to your egg whites in the morning. Add in a protein shake after your work-out with a whey protein and a carb. That sort of stuff doesn't fill me up as much so hopefully it will help for you!!
Good Luck!!

Wow! Thanks for all your responses! I think my FIRST goal will be logging on hear each day! :).

So far this week have have been trying to continue eating more. I am averaging about 1200-1500 per day and it is REALLY hard!! I can't believe I'm have to get up to 1800-2160! And I have the all important question of 'am I going to gain weight increasing to that amount all of a sudden'!!!

I love fitday. On fit day I can get a weekly report of my caloric breakdown. On average this week it has been:

1322 calories
25% Fat
41% Carbs
28% Protein
6% Alcohol

So my mission for this week it to take all your great advice and focus on upping my protein and continue adding on calories.

My workouts have consisted of mainly cardio with spinning (60min) and running on the treadmill/eliptical (30mins). I actually really enjoy cardio but I have added some weights. So I am just experimenting with a few things until I get my actual routine which will be next week!! I can't wait! In the meantime I have been experimenting with the following:

DAY 1 - ARMS (just with freeweights)
hammer curls: 15lbs 3x10
triceps: 12lbs 3x10 - the I do 20 dips just for fun
shoulders: 12lbs 3x10
chest press: 12lbs 3x10
seated row: 12lbs 3x10
push ups: 30

ABS SAME DAY - with no weight
Crunches on the ball 3x10
Twist Crunches on the ball 3x10
Reverse crunch on the bosu 3x10

DAY 2 - LEGS: (today)
leg extention - 70lbs 3x10
leg curls - 50lbs 3x10
squats - 2x10 with 20lbs and then 3x10 with no weight
lunges - 2x10 with 20lbs and then 3x10 with no weight
calf raises - 25lbs 3x10

I then I couldn't walk after that :)

I don't know how often I should train each part. I was thinking 2 times per part per week to start.

Thanks again for all your advice. It really means alot to me as sometime I feel lost with what will be effective!

Top Bottom