Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting Back In Shape

jenscats5 said:
I would dump the white rice & potatoes & sub. in brown rice & sweet potatoes - they are just healthier in general. And a fat added to your pre-bed protein would be good too. And you may want to start keeping track of your macros/cals, etc via a free online web site like www.fitday.co -- you need to make sure you're eating enough.

And as previously said, with this plan being so flexible, make sure it'll work FOR you & not against you. Welcome to EF!!

Great advice. I love fitday. I bought the software and it was more than worth the weight in gold! I think it was around $20 plus the cost of the disc is you want a copy mailed. I took that option in case something happened to my laptop.

I have always been curious about something: Why the fats before bed? I am assuming good fats like in a handfull of nuts or tablespoon of natural peanut butter. Sorry to hijack thread, but saw it and was curious.

smbdybldr said:
Hello Everyone!! my name is Sara, I am new to EF and excited to start a journal here with my fitness goal.
I have been training on and off for the last 4 years.. for one time I weighted 115 lbs and happy with my weight and body.. I am having hard time to get to my goal again.. I may need a different diet, or something else..
my status now:

Height: 5'3''
Weight: 187 LBS

I started eating clean today and below I posted my daily meal plan, training and cardio.. I would love to be one of the Shadow's project.. I truley believe this will work for me .. it worked for many people here on EF and I believe if I get the right nutriton, training and cardio guidance I know I can do it!!

I don't know if my goal is realistic .. but by the end of July I would like to be back in 115 lbs - 120 lbs ..

Here is my new daily meal plan:

Meal 1
1/2 cup dry oats
1.5 scoops whey protein

Meal 2
1 Cup White Rice
1 Can Tuna with water

Meal 3
1 Cup White Rice or 5 oz. Potato
1 Can Tuna or 5 oz. Boneless chicken breast

Meal 4
1 Can Tuna or 5 oz. Bonless chicken breast
green veggies

Meal 5
1.5 Scoop Whey Protein

My training would be 5 times a week

day 1
chest/calves

day 2
Hams/arms

day 3
shoulders/triceps

day 4
Back

day 5
Quads

Cardio: I will be walking on treadmill 5 times a week.. 30 minutes morning on empty stomach and 30 minutes after training in the evening..

Water: my goal is to have 1 gallon water a day

Please The Shadow let me know if you have room for me to be on your project
welcome and you came to the right place the women here are the best by far...

thanks again everyone!
I am here to follow a clean diet.. I did this many times in the past, eating same food each and every day from feb 22'nd 2005 to may 22'nd 2005 and lost weight, gained muscles and looked great! I am here to do this again.. I looked at the shadow's diet and agree with it .. but, doesn't milk have sugar? lactose? and meal 2 only peanuts? is that enough? I am here to get educated and please I hope Im not offending anyone with my questions :)
I would like to post a picture of me looking at my very best .. i hope i can work it out

I guess I need to start doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach :) tomorrow is the day!

What you guys think about this diet plan?

Meal 1
1/2 cup oatmeal, 1.5 scoop protein shake, splenda

Meal 2
1 Cup Rice, 5 oz. Chicken, Veggies

Meal 3
5 oz Potato, 5 oz. Lean ground Beef

Meal 4
5 oz. Chicken, Veggies, 2 TSP Olive Oil

Meal 5
5 oz. Lean Ground Beef, Veggies

Meal 6
1.5 Scoop Whey Protein

I don't think I could eat that much beef and chicken in one day! Did you try the fitday website? How did it work out on cal, protein, fats, carbs?

msam76 said:
Great advice. I love fitday. I bought the software and it was more than worth the weight in gold! I think it was around $20 plus the cost of the disc is you want a copy mailed. I took that option in case something happened to my laptop.

I have always been curious about something: Why the fats before bed? I am assuming good fats like in a handfull of nuts or tablespoon of natural peanut butter. Sorry to hijack thread, but saw it and was curious.

Slows down the absorption of the protein so you avoid catabolism.....

smbdybldr said:
I guess I need to start doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach :) tomorrow is the day!

What you guys think about this diet plan?

Meal 1
1/2 cup oatmeal, 1.5 scoop protein shake, splenda

Meal 2
1 Cup Rice, 5 oz. Chicken, Veggies

Meal 3
5 oz Potato, 5 oz. Lean ground Beef

Meal 4
5 oz. Chicken, Veggies, 2 TSP Olive Oil

Meal 5
5 oz. Lean Ground Beef, Veggies

Meal 6
1.5 Scoop Whey Protein

Looks decent....again, I'd add some fat to your pre-bed shake......

And some other protein options are fish (tilapia, tuna, salmon, etc) and ground turkey (93% FF or all white meat) - changing proteins around will give you some variety, keep you satisfied & ensure you get good nutrition......

Also check out the Recipe Thread for Shadow-plan-friendly meal ideas.....

msam76 said:
I don't think I could eat that much beef and chicken in one day! Did you try the fitday website? How did it work out on cal, protein, fats, carbs?

I am used to eating alot of chicken and beef on a daily basis..
I havent tried fitday.com yet.. but I will tomorrow .. I will start my diet and cardio tomorrow since I feel very strong about my plan :)

Top Bottom