Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trusting your Coach

Gladiola

Had a beer with my Olympic LIfting Coach tonight. Only been training with him a few weeks.

Intensity of my lifting has dropped (I'm still unlearning all my bodybuilding style training stuff) & now I'm working on technique & adjusting to a new program. He says, "As you continue to learn technique, when the time is right, the intensity will gradually come back up. I don't want to load you up with squats yet."

"How will you know when the time is right?"

<grinning> "I just will. I suppose I'm sometimes more intuitive than detail-oriented."

"That is so strange to me to think of someone else being more intuitive about my own body & ability than ME!"

<Grins again> "You've never had a coach before."

True!!!! "I'm actually used to running the game! My own training, workouts with my partner, teaching aerobics classes, I've always run the show."

This is so strange to me to now be adjusting to this.

There is no point to this post - just sharing. Anyone else adjust to trusting a coach?

there is no one who knows your body better than you do. people can assist you. i have gotten help from lots of people during my short time in this sport, but you have to take it all with a grain of salt. people like dave tate can tell you what they're doing wrong, but it's your body, and you know it best. listen to yourself.

when i played high school sports i did little to nothing with others coaching me, but when i took over everything became SO MUCH better for me

Top Bottom