Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Push/Pull Twice-a-Week Routine Advice

ragagga

Hi everyone! I'm 2 months into lifting and nutrition and I want to start this workout routine... What do you think about?

HEIGHT: 6'
WEIGHT: 189 lbs
GOAL: Hypertrophy and mass gain (Put on some weight to 200 lbs)

MONDAY // PUSH
Barbell Bench Press 4x8
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press 4x8
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 4x10
Triceps Cable Pushdown 3x12
Seated Leg Press 4x8
Standing Calf Raise 4x8

TUESDAY // PULL
Cable Seated Row 4x8
Lat Pulldown 4x8
Seated Rear Delt Row 4x10
Dumbbell Curl 3x12
Seated Leg Curl 4x8

WEDNESDAY // REST

THURSDAY // PUSH
Barbell Bench Press 4x8
Dips 4x8
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 4x10
Triceps Cable Pushdown 3x12
Leg Extension 4x8
Standing Calf Raise 4x8

FRIDAY // PULL
Pull-ups 4x8
Cable Seated Row 4x8
Dumbbell Shrug 4x10
Dumbbell Curl 3x12
Lying Leg Curl 4x8

SATURDAY // REST

SUNDAY // REST

Every criticism is appreciated! Thank you very much in advance!!!

This type of routine worked very well for me. As stated already your lower body portion is probably too light on PUSH days mine included Leg Press, Leg Extension, Hip Abduction, Calve Raise. Pull Days included Leg Curls, Hip Adductions (recently I've been doing Deadlifts, Stiff Legged Deadlifts, and Calve raises mixed in here also although not really Pulls). I made Wednesday Leg day, 10 minutes on a machine, Squat, 10 minutes on a macine, Deadlift, 10 minutes on a machine, Leg Curl, and so on.

Along with the extra leg day, free weight back movements are needed in any program, in my opinion. BB Bent Over Row and DB 1-Arm row are keys in building a thick, powerful back. They're also great developers of the abdominal muscles, which having stronger abs will make every lift go up.

Instagram- jmihalyfit
UC Exercise Physiology and Nutritional Sciences student

Geesh. That's NOT a beginner routine.

If you're 2 months into lifting seriously and want to do push pull I'd recommend picking out 2 solid bench exercises like flat barbell and decline db and maybe chins and barbell rows for the pull day.

If you really want an intense workout in a short time and want to use push/pull principles, you might try "jump" sets. Set of bench, then a set of chins for instance.

Top Bottom