Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Problems with my biceps, need help

MrRTTB

The part of the biceps ythat is nearest my chest( short head?? ) is well developed. I got a nice peak but still the is not much "volyme" on them. The outer biceps is not as developed as the inner one. My program often looks like this

Shoulderwide grip BB curls, or seated DB curl on the end of the bench. 4 sets, 5-8reps each

one arm scottcurls 3 sets 6-8reps

incline db curls 3 sets, 8reps

I do hammers af6ter my backworkout.

I thought I would change this in some way. Would nee some suggestion

This was what I thought

Seated DB curls on the end of bench, every other week BB curls 3sets 5 x 5

Scottcurls narrow grip with EZ-bar, 3 sets 8-10reps every other week koncentration curls

Wide grip curls(wider than shoulders, tried it today and it felt very very good). 1 set with 6-8reps

3 sets hammercurls 5-6reps

Triceps is pretty good so it's the biceps that need more size

The only thing I see, is that your volume is probably to high. You can alternate bicep workouts. Here is how it can be done.

Workout 1

1. Wide Grip Barbell Curls - 3 x 6-8
2. Incline Dumbbell Curls - 2 x 8-10

Workout 2

1. Seated Dumbbell Curls - 3 x 8-8
2. Hammer Curls - 2 x 8-10

Workout 3

1. Preacher Curls (w EZ bar) - 3 x 6-8
2. Reverse Barbell Curls - 2 x 8-10

As for your bicep problem. . this is what your genetics have given you to work with. I think maybe you are a little too critical about the shape of your bicep. Here is the thing, you can not alter the shape, rather you can focus on making the muscle belly much larger. Train intense using a lower volume.

Also, be sure to:

- stretch the biceps between sets
- massaging the area to promote blood flow
- ingest liquid amino acids to start the building process

Overall, the biceps can recover quickly. The key is not to overtrain them with an excessive number of sets.

Hopefully some of this information helps. For now, focus on building your biceps into softballs. . let your genetics determine the shape. . it makes you unique.

Good luck!

LS

Variety is the key. Your body has the amazing ability to adapt to a workload. If you do the same things for very long, your body will become used to it and it the necessity for it to recruit muscle tissue will be lessened. You have to shock your muscle from time to time. This applies to all muscles, not just the bi's. One of my favorite workouts to do to shock the bi's into growing is as follows.

3 sets of heavy preacher curls (as heavy as you can manage for 10 reps.) If someone is there to help you for the last couple reps, even better. Rest not longer than 1 minute between sets.

Next pick up the heaviest set of dumbells that you can do 10 reps with. Drop to 10 lbs lighter dumbells and do 10 reps. Drop down 10 more pounds and do 10 reps.

Next pick up an Olympic (45 lbs) barbell and 10 reps halfway down and back up, then 10 halfway up then back down, then do 10 full reps. If that is too easy, you can add as much weight as you need to for the last exersize.

After the last set of preachers, there is absolutely no rest between sets. This is not something to do all of the time. Just when you feel that you need to kick your bi's asses to get out of a rut.

Thanks for the reply.

I will try this and be welcome to post your comments

Mon:

Incline bench, low reps(3-5) 5sets in pyramine
(alter next week with flat bench)

Decline DB press 4 sets 6-8reps
(alter. next week with Flat)

Flyes 2 sets, flat bench 8-10reps

Triceps

Reverse pressdowns for outer triceps, supersets of 4(15-8-8-8)

Tue:

Back

Chins BW x max 3 sets
Rows reverse grip 3 sets(with straps) 8-10(get better contact with this rep range)
Seated pulldowns behind neck 2 sets, 10-12 reps
Seated pulldowns narrow grip 2 sets6-8reps
All with straps not to involv biceps too much and to be able to give it all for the back. I never used them before but since I started using them by back has developed like nothing else.
I can't do deads with this because I get too much backpumps so I do them with hammies

Forearms/biceps

Hammercurls 3 x 6-8

Wedn: Off

Thu

Shoulders/tri

Military press in front(next week behind back) 5 x 5
DB shoulder press 2 x 8-10
Laterial raise 3 x 10-12(too much weight and I get no contact, this rep range works very good)
standing Rows with DB for Posterior Deltoid

I might throw in font raises with straps and do some 15-20reps sometimes, have been working very good

Triceps

Narrow bench(next week DIps or Sculls as the first one) 3 sets 6-8reps
Pressdowns 3 sets 8-10reps
Sculls 8-10reps

Fri: OFF

Sat: Legs/biceps

Squats(next week start with legpress) 5 x 10-12(low reps does work for strength but they do not seem to respons in size)
Hacklift one leg 3 x 10
Legpress 3 x 20
SLDL or Deads(next week I start with hammies before quads), 5 x 10-12(next week 20reps, and the third week 5-6reps)
lying legcurls, superset(15-8-8-8-8)
standing legcurls, superset(15-8-8-8-8)

Biceps

standing BB curls (warmup sets of 2) then 3 x 5-6(next week DB curls on the end of bench)
Narrow grip EZ-bar scottcurls 2 x 10(all the way down)(next week koncentration curls)
End with incline DB curls, 8-10reps 2 sets

sun off

Top Bottom