Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New member, would like new ideas

Tweakle said:
that's a lot more work than I'd do, but if it aint broke...

Alot more work?? are you saying to many sets per muscle, or to many reps?? I have taken the advice of many people here and I am goign to try out the 5x5 routine for about 9 weeks!! doing that routine does seem like you dont to near as many sets of each muscle though, alot different work out, but seems to be effective according to everyone...we will see!!

thanks again for the comments

TRUEsoldier said:
Alot more work?? are you saying to many sets per muscle, or to many reps?? I have taken the advice of many people here and I am goign to try out the 5x5 routine for about 9 weeks!! doing that routine does seem like you dont to near as many sets of each muscle though, alot different work out, but seems to be effective according to everyone...we will see!!

I like the 5x5 alot, but only with lots of extra volume. I woudnt get anything from it by itself. But thats just me. Keep us updated!!

WalkingBeast said:
I like the 5x5 alot, but only with lots of extra volume. I woudnt get anything from it by itself. But thats just me. Keep us updated!!

Yea I know what you mean, after the sets it says to do, I feel like I should be doing alot more, But I am trying to stick with it pretty strict. I just add 2 one rep sets afterwards with about 20 more lbs each time just to stay use to the heavier weight

TRUEsoldier said:
Yea I know what you mean, after the sets it says to do, I feel like I should be doing alot more, But I am trying to stick with it pretty strict. I just add 2 one rep sets afterwards with about 20 more lbs each time just to stay use to the heavier weight

Nice. You could always add the extra volume later if your not getting enough out of the routine. I like to get in some higher rep sets as well to get some variety. Keep training hard!!

TRUEsoldier said:

the 5x5 is still too much work for me, everyone responds differently to training... personally I'd rather lift very heavy weights more frequently than do high-volume workouts because for me it's all about lifting heavier.

you absolutely need some volume to stimulate muscle growth but for me a couple of sets of 5 and maybe a high rep back-down set are all I need per bodypart to keep the strength gains coming.

WalkingBeast said:
Nice. You could always add the extra volume later if your not getting enough out of the routine. I like to get in some higher rep sets as well to get some variety. Keep training hard!!

Yea I know what you mean, I was thinking about adding back the drop set at the end to add a good burn out to close it all out, but I am going to try this for awhile first, I dont want to give up on something that has proven to work for alot of people, but if after awhile not as good of results as expected, deffinatly going to add some more to it.... thanks again

Tweakle said:
the 5x5 is still too much work for me, everyone responds differently to training... personally I'd rather lift very heavy weights more frequently than do high-volume workouts because for me it's all about lifting heavier.

you absolutely need some volume to stimulate muscle growth but for me a couple of sets of 5 and maybe a high rep back-down set are all I need per bodypart to keep the strength gains coming.

I hear what your saying bro, I hav ealways belived that to get stronger, you HAVE to go really heavy to get your muscles to adapt to it. But I am goign to give this plan a try, I havnt been getting results like I wanted with a really heavy routine all the time, so I am going to shock my muscles for awhile, maybe it will work, maybe not, but either way its a good change of pace...thanks again

Top Bottom