Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New increase on squats....

Tryn2

I was doin like 275 a couple weeks ago. I put up 365 for 2 sets of 3 Saturday. I used the smith machine on those 2 sets which were final sets. I started on free squats until I hit 245....Then last two was on the smith....I may try smith flat bench, I do inclines sometime...Anyone like smith flat bench ???

Smith for close grips and inclines...but with inclines I prefer BB anyways

Some prefer smith for declines....

Only way to know if you like it is to try it...

Last edited:
See I do my whole squat routine using free squats. I work out without a partner on that day so I used the smith for the last two sets as like a max effort. But we'll see what I do, Im not sure...

Smith for inclines..sometimes. Usually do db's 2/3 of the time but with Smith I can push a lot of weight and really concentrate on hitting upper chest without worrying about balance or the shoulders/tris doing too much work.

cheers

Tryn2 said:
I was doin like 275 a couple weeks ago. I put up 365 for 2 sets of 3 Saturday. I used the smith machine on those 2 sets which were final sets. I started on free squats until I hit 245....Then last two was on the smith....I may try smith flat bench, I do inclines sometime...Anyone like smith flat bench ???

I use the smith machine offen because I've had 3 LT shoulder operation. I blew it out in college playing rugby. Rotator cuff. God bless the smith machine

Top Bottom