Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New here and could use some tips/advise!

hulkamainia 119

Hello every body! New here and I can already tell this is my new favorite site.

My stats: 18 years young
145 pounds
Bf 14~15% (I'm guessing but I know I'm close)

I have been training for almost a year. It took me awhile to find a good workout and diet.

My goal is add muscle (bulk) and add alittle strength

My training looks like this

Mon. Chest and tri's
Bench press 4 sets (not including warm ups and stretching)
Incline 4 sets
Decline machine 4sets
Machine flys or cable flys 3 sets
Dips 3 sets
Cable Tricep pushdown 4 sets
Cable rope pull down 4 sets

Tues. Back and bi's
Deadlifs 6 to 9 sets (sets depend on how I feel that day)
Lat pull down 4 sets
''V'' bar pull down 4 sets
T bar rows 4 sets
One arm dumbbell row 3 sets
Hi row machine 3 sets
Preacher curl 4 sets
Incline dumbell curl 4 sets

Weds. Rest day

Thursday. Shoulders
Behind the neck press 5 sets
Military press 4 sets
Shwarorshoneggars 3 sets (sorry I spelt that completely stupid lol)
Front cable raise 3 sets
Cable cross over 4 sets
Rear delt fly machine 4 sets
Shrugs 3 sets

Fri. Legs
Squats 5 to 6 sets
hack squat or legs press 3 sets
Leg curls 4 sets
Leg raises 4 sets
Calve raises 4 sets

Saturday. Heavy arms and lower back
Preacher curl 4 sets
One arm dumbell curl 3 sets
Straight bar curl 3 sets
Hammer curls 3 sets

Close grip bench 4 sets
Skull crushers 3 sets
Cable Tricep push down 3 sets

Goodmornings 5 sets

Sunday. Rest day

Mon. Repeat

My question is what do you all think about my training? am I over training can I add any thing that will help or take anything away? I do every exercise with 6 to 8 reps except for heavy arms which is 4 to 6 reps. Thanks you, any advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EliteFitness

It looks pretty decent and a fair amount of volume , but yes do more quad work, I'm impressed to see you have good mornings In there, they are a very effecting workout for your posterior chain !! And not many utilize this exercise. Also, swap out lat pulldowns with body weight pull-ups on occasion , no use of doing pulldowns if you can't physically perform pull ups , imagine hanging from a chair lift and it's either do a pull up with your snowboard attatched to ya or drop 40 feet... Yes this happened lol , and I dropped 40 feet :S

Make sure you are eating a whole bunch to prevent over training and continued growth with such a high volume routine

Stiff leg dead lifts for hamstrings- focus on stretch not weight.

You don't need the flys. Personally my best growth has come from dips, overhead press, DB bench, n incline. Those r the 4 chest/shoulder exercises I utilize, n it's really the meat of my routine. Obviously some laterals n high volume rear Delt work.

Do some form of cardio.
Eat right 90% of time (you're 18 so I know you won't eat properly 100% n not really necessary) don't booze up too much too often.

Oh! Progression. Find a way to progress each workout whether it be reps/weight or rest time between sets. Stay consistent for 6 months and good things will happen (meaning after 6 months you'll see a nice change from starting point)

Thanks! I will be sure to add those in with my leg workout probably near the end! I'm actually not on the booze to often lol I got tired of the hangovers so I'm gunnu focus on training and grades. My diet is eat every 2 to 2 1/2 hours
6 AM is 4 eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal
8 AM is 2 yogurts a nutragrain bar and a apple
10:30 is 1 chicken breast and 1 1/2 cup pasta
12 AM 2 cup spinage with one hard boiled egg and sliced up apple
Around 3 or 4 PM a protein drink
Around 6 or 7 PM 2 slides of bread with peanut butter on them
9 PM 1 chicken breast and mashed potatos 1 cup

It looks pretty decent and a fair amount of volume , but yes do more quad work, I'm impressed to see you have good mornings In there, they are a very effecting workout for your posterior chain !! And not many utilize this exercise. Also, swap out lat pulldowns with body weight pull-ups on occasion , no use of doing pulldowns if you can't physically perform pull ups , imagine hanging from a chair lift and it's either do a pull up with your snowboard attatched to ya or drop 40 feet... Yes this happened lol , and I dropped 40 feet :S

Damn man sounds scary! But judging by your avatar you made a nice recovery! Lol I will be sure to swap those out! My pull ups are actually weak! I posted about my diet anything you could suggest would be much appreciated! And thank you for posting! And yes I feel like it strengths all my lower body! I don't like to go to heavy the exercises because I am still growing and rather start with good form and go from there!

how much protein is that? 2 chicken breasts plus 5 whole eggs doesn't seem like enough.

Drop nutrigrain bar in favor of more protein. Drop the mashed potatoes at night.
Maybe some olive oil to cook your chicken with.
Nothing wrong with more veggies.

how much protein is that? 2 chicken breasts plus 5 whole eggs doesn't seem like enough.

Drop nutrigrain bar in favor of more protein. Drop the mashed potatoes at night.
Maybe some olive oil to cook your chicken with.
Nothing wrong with more veggies.

Okay thanks! I will cook up a bunch of chicken and other complex carbs like pasta, potatos, and more veggies and steak! I'll post again tonight with a better diet plan!

Switch all your yogurt to plain Greek yogurt and mix some protein with It..

Top Bottom