Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Workout Regiment

clericT

I am 22yo, 5'9'' 203lbs and about 18% bodyfat. I have been training since I was 15yo but have not so much within the past year because I joined the Navy and I haven't had the resources or the time. But I now have a well- equiped gym and all the time in the world. I would like to build a little more lean muscle mass and drop my body fat about 8-10%. I have devised a workout regiment and would like to get feedback if this sounds like a good program to meet my goal.

Mondays: Chest/Biceps
15 Min Cardio, Abs
DB Bench Press 1-15, 3-8
DB Incline BP 1-15, 3-8
DB Flyes 1-15, 3-8
DB Incline Flyes 1-15, 3-8
BB Bicep Curls 1-15, 3-8
DB Incline Bicep Curls 1-15, 3-8
DB Hammer Curls 1-15, 3-8
BB Preacher Curls 1-15, 3-8

Tuesday: Legs
15 Min Cardio, Abs
Machine Squats 1-15, 3-10
Leg Press 1-15, 3-10
Leg Extension 1-15, 3-10
Leg Curls 1-15, 3-10
Standing Leg Curls 1-15, 3-10
Weighted Calf Raises 3-15

Wednesday: Cardio Day
45-60 min High Intensity Cardio

Thursday: Back/Triceps
15 Min Cardio, Abs
Dead Lifts 1-15, 3-8
Lat Pulldowns 1-15, 3-8
DB Rows 1-15, 3-8
Machine Rows 1-15, 3-8
Tricep Pulldowns 1-15, 3-8
Tricep Extensions 1-15, 3-8
Scullcrushers 1-15, 3-8
Seated Tricep Dips 3-15

Friday: Shoulders/Traps
15 Min Cardio, Abs
DB Military Press 1-15, 3-8
Standing Lat Raises 1-15, 3-8
Arnold Presses 1-15, 3-8
Front Raises 1-15, 3-8
Upright Rows 1-15, 3-8
Shrugs 1-15, 3-8

Saturday: Cardio Day
45-60 Min High Intensity Cardio

Sunday: Rest

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.......Thank you

I'm not going over everything. All I'll say is, you should try something with more frequency.

As for Saturday - you're either unable to tell time, or you're not doing high-intensity cardio. If you are doing something strenuous, that level of intensity will taper off after 10-15 minutes. You can still go fairly intense, but you won't be near peak performance, and that's where you want to be with higher intensity types of cardio.

Tom Treutlein said:
I'm not going over everything. All I'll say is, you should try something with more frequency.

As for Saturday - you're either unable to tell time, or you're not doing high-intensity cardio. If you are doing something strenuous, that level of intensity will taper off after 10-15 minutes. You can still go fairly intense, but you won't be near peak performance, and that's where you want to be with higher intensity types of cardio.

High Intensity for me is running 6 min mile pace for 45 min with a 10 min cool down. If that isn't high intensity then I don't know what it is then.

clericT said:
I am 22yo, 5'9'' 203lbs and about 18% bodyfat. I have been training since I was 15yo but have not so much within the past year because I joined the Navy and I haven't had the resources or the time. But I now have a well- equiped gym and all the time in the world. I would like to build a little more lean muscle mass and drop my body fat about 8-10%. I have devised a workout regiment and would like to get feedback if this sounds like a good program to meet my goal.

Mondays: Chest/Biceps
15 Min Cardio, Abs
DB Bench Press 1-15, 3-8
DB Incline BP 1-15, 3-8
DB Flyes 1-15, 3-8
DB Incline Flyes 1-15, 3-8
BB Bicep Curls 1-15, 3-8
DB Incline Bicep Curls 1-15, 3-8
DB Hammer Curls 1-15, 3-8
BB Preacher Curls 1-15, 3-8

Tuesday: Legs
15 Min Cardio, Abs
Machine Squats 1-15, 3-10
Leg Press 1-15, 3-10
Leg Extension 1-15, 3-10
Leg Curls 1-15, 3-10
Standing Leg Curls 1-15, 3-10
Weighted Calf Raises 3-15

Wednesday: Cardio Day
45-60 min High Intensity Cardio

Thursday: Back/Triceps
15 Min Cardio, Abs
Dead Lifts 1-15, 3-8
Lat Pulldowns 1-15, 3-8
DB Rows 1-15, 3-8
Machine Rows 1-15, 3-8
Tricep Pulldowns 1-15, 3-8
Tricep Extensions 1-15, 3-8
Scullcrushers 1-15, 3-8
Seated Tricep Dips 3-15

Friday: Shoulders/Traps
15 Min Cardio, Abs
DB Military Press 1-15, 3-8
Standing Lat Raises 1-15, 3-8
Arnold Presses 1-15, 3-8
Front Raises 1-15, 3-8
Upright Rows 1-15, 3-8
Shrugs 1-15, 3-8

Saturday: Cardio Day
45-60 Min High Intensity Cardio

Sunday: Rest

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.......Thank you

Your not sore the next day (cardio day) after doing legs???

clericT said:
High Intensity for me is running 6 min mile pace for 45 min with a 10 min cool down. If that isn't high intensity then I don't know what it is then.

Think about sprinting. For running or any similar activity intensity can be defined as your maximum speed. You can't carry your 90-100% sprint speed very far - the maximum intensity that one can do for 45 minutes is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-65% of your max 40 speed (or some such depending on conditioning and the individual). This can be applied to training by doing a series of sprints in intervals with rest in between or even a series of submaximal timed or distanced runs at say 75-90%. I guess the current acronym or buzzword is HIIT (high intensity interval training). www.charliefrancis.com is a good website and forums for similar types of training. His marquee book is linked here: http://www.charliefrancis.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=15

Anwyay, for weightlifting intensity is also an objective term as defined as the given percentage of your single rep maximum in a lift. For example, squatting with high intensity might mean performing a set with >85% level weights where as low intensity might be 50-60%. This makes setting up programs much easier because the target weights for each workout can be adjusted to an individual's relative strength level. Now, of course there is the HIT school of thought where they think intensity is some subjective measure of emotional commitment in training to absolute failure but by being subjective this doesn't really provide any value and it obscures the true definition of the word intensity which has been in use as an objective measure for a long time - you'll find it common in every serious training book, program, or study. In this link you'll find an example of Prilepin's Table which Westside relies fairly heavily on to balance volume and intensity: http://www.99shadesofgrey.com/fitness/prilepin.php, another example of a program based on intensity and percents is the Smolov squat program here http://www.ontariostrongman.ca/Resources/training/smolovsquatcycle.htm

swordfish151 said:
i think he is either talking about doing squats on the smith machine, or he is talking about the hack-squat machine

i hope not the smith machine
i made that mistake when i started squating
did em in the smith and thought it was big stuff to throw 4 plates on there
then was at a gym with no smith and worked my way up doing free weight squats
my quads responded much better
and a few months ago the gym was packed with dipshits doing curls in the racks, and since i was in a hurry i thought i would do my squats in the smith instead of fighting with some moron
needless to say, i couldnt even get down in the smith because the movement wouldnt allow me to do it without getting into a little akward position
and my hips and back felt jacked up trying to squat in that thing

Top Bottom